Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17060 Discussions

Developing games for Intel HD3000

eric4
Beginner

Hello,

I would like to develop a game specifically for the HD3000 GPU.

Any advice on where to start?

Thanks,

Eric

0 Kudos
8 Replies
jenny_l_
Beginner
HD3000 GPU is Intel I7 processor core graphics (integrated graphics), notebook I3 and I5 also use HD3000 core graphics, this kind of graphics performance is very low, can only play the general DX9 model of 3 d car games for kids, but also is not very smooth.
0 Kudos
Bernard
Valued Contributor I
You will need 3D graphics API like ad most like DirectX 9.Bear in mind that you need to be at intermediate level as a Windows programmer and know how to create at leat GUI skeleton programm.For serious games you will need to use more powerful graphics card like those from AMD and Nvidia. For learning I recommend a great book from Frank Luna "Introduction to 3D game programming with DirectX 9".
0 Kudos
Nancy_B_
Beginner

for game development you need to learn atleast one of the following languages

Assembly, C, C#, C++, C, Java, Scripting languages like Lua, Python, etc

though each language has its own positives and negatives.

0 Kudos
Bernard
Valued Contributor I

>>>Assembly>>>

Maybe used mostly as a inline SSEn assembly.

0 Kudos
karray_G_
Beginner

Hello,

Before starting developing games, you need to learn how the 3D modelling langage to create your objects using one the 3D softwares (3D'S Max / MAYA .....), you can also customize their movements using a specific programming langage...

Note: Another way, you can take a look on the Unity software (an interresting games generator)

Good luck!

0 Kudos
Bernard
Valued Contributor I

@karray

good advise.Instead of going deep into DirectX programming it is better to get some knowledge of 3D software.

0 Kudos
shin
Beginner

karray G. wrote:

Hello,

Before starting developing games, you need to learn how the 3D modelling langage to create your objects using one the 3D softwares (3D'S Max / MAYA .....), you can also customize their movements using a specific programming langage...

Note: Another way, you can take a look on the Unity software (an interresting games generator)

Good luck!

Hi,

Agree, need expert in 3D before you can develop your own games, and if you does then there will be a lot of softwares which could help you to developed your own game as perfect as you wish :), have a nice try

0 Kudos
Micheal_M_
Beginner

I think this is for the best for the game lovers. Who wanna play the games which are release on 2013 or before. Above mentioned speed quite good enough to play the favorite games.

0 Kudos