Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Developing software for small devices (mp3 players, car audio stereo)

hum802
Beginner
I'm looking for resouce on how develop programs for portable mp3 players, car audio stereos. I have bought a lot of stuff from several manufactures and none of them provide a car stereo player with an efficient search mechanism. I have to go one by one to get to the song i want to listen to.

This is a lack of respect with us costumers. So i decide to study how to develop my own software and upload it to the device. Where can i get information on how to do that. I have jensen vm9512 that is horrible and i want to fix that software creating my own. I just don't know what language i could use (usually C) and how to upload the sofware to the device. Any help i appreciate it.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Quoc-Thai_L_Intel
Hi,

I am not sure about car stereo player. If you could use a second device such as MID (Mobile Internet device), you could customize the software to do what you want. I assume that your existing car stereo can accept an external audio input from the second device (such as iPod or MID). Regarding to the programming language,it could be C but you would need to check with each device to see what manufacture can support for software development. I would suggest that you check out the http://moblin.orgfor some ideas.

-Thai
0 Kudos
neckcutta
Beginner
Hi,

I am not sure about car stereo player. If you could use a second device such as MID (Mobile Internet device), you could customize the software to do what you want. I assume that your existing car stereo can accept an external audio input from the second device (such as iPod or MID). Regarding to the programming language,it could be C but you would need to check with each device to see what manufacture can support for software development. I would suggest that you check out the http://moblin.org for some ideas.

-Thai

my question is for the owner of the jensen vm9512...im trying to play movies from a flash drive and it doesnt seem to read them...ive tried mp4, wma, divix all formats and when i plug flash drive into the usb port it says no supported file...just wanted to know if they needed to be in any other format or if its even posible.

thankx
0 Kudos
neckcutta
Beginner

my question is for the owner of the jensen vm9512...im trying to play movies from a flash drive and it doesnt seem to read them...ive tried mp4, wma, divix all formats and when i plug flash drive into the usb port it says no supported file...just wanted to know if they needed to be in any other format or if its even posible.

thankx
0 Kudos
neckcutta
Beginner

0 Kudos
avensue
Beginner
Quoting - neckcutta

u should check which systme it used first. wince,linux or ..
0 Kudos
fhahim987
Beginner
Quoting - neckcutta

If you could use a second device such as MID (Mobile Internet device), you could customize the software to do what you want. I assume that your existing car stereo can accept an external audio input from the second device (such as iPod or MID). Regarding to the programming language, it could be C but you would need to check with each device to see what manufacture can support for software development.

magic jack
buy magic jack
magic jack review

0 Kudos
nulyjeyo
Beginner

Thanks for sharing this useful info

0 Kudos
christing
Beginner
Wonderful information ! Thank you !
0 Kudos