Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

Download specific compiler version and associated licensing

Sorensen__Henrik
Beginner

Hello,

We have a number of license for Intel® Parallel Studio XE Composer Edition for Fortran Windows*   Version 2015 update 0 or 1, purchased over the years and are happy about it, hence most are unmaintained. Now we need to get the update 5 still of the 2015 version due to change to Visual Studio 2015. For the maintained licenses we can get update 7 and a new license key.

However, we would like update 5 specifically if possible, but more importantly how do we get to run the updated version license-wise?

Given that the update we need is still within the 2015 version, I had expected that it would be seen as the same product, but that may not be the case?

Regards,

Henrik Sørensen, Calsep A/S, Denmark

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Devorah_H_Intel

Hello,

This article explains how to obtain older versions of the software product:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/older-version-product

Please let me know if this helps.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Sorensen__Henrik
Beginner

Hello Devorah,

Thanks for the reply. I have tried to follow the Downloading an older version from Intel Registration Center in your link. My problem is that after step 3 I do not get the expected list of available versions and updates, but a message asking me to upgrade my serial number to get a new product license ref. attached screen shot. I have hidden serial number and expiration date in the screen shot.

I do not want the newest update available (2017), and not all our serial numbers are eligible for upgrade to the newest version, hence I am reluctant to upgrade mine. Can I safely upgrade mine, get version 2015 Update 5 and still be sure that both myself and the others can run it using their existing license file? My license file indicates that I can run up to version 2016.1206, others say 2016.0110, 2016.0116 and 2017.0205 depending on when the license was acquired. Despite the limit we al run 2015.0.0.108 at the moment. We have one old license file which looks like it can run up to 2013.1023 despite we had the maintenance extended to Oct 25th, 2015, but apparently forgot to upgrade the license file. It should be said that we have generally activated the licenses using the serial number, not by putting the actual license file on the machine, and I cannot see that I can check anywhere up to which version the applied serial numbers are valid.

So I am stuck. I hope you can help via some advice and/or looking into your archives to clarify my problem. Please let me know if you need more information to do so.

Regards,

Henrik Sørensen, Calsep A/S, Denmark

0 Kudos
Devorah_H_Intel

Hello,

I will further assist you in private messaging. 

Regards,

0 Kudos