Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Downloading previous FOTRAN version - not accept newer version license

Stephen_Kiss
Beginner
I was required to download the FORTRN complier for use in the finite element analysis program ABAQUS. Theonly FORTRAN version available was V 11. I now find out that ABAQUS has not been verified using FORTRAN 11 and they (ABAQUS support) recommended downloading V10, which the ABAQUS program has be checked against. I did download version 10.1 and when asked for my license at installation, I input the license that came with version 11. The license number was rejected and a dialog box told me to contact this site for assistance.

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Chuck
New Contributor II
Quoting - Stephen Kiss
I was required to download the FORTRN complier for use in the finite element analysis program ABAQUS. Theonly FORTRAN version available was V 11. I now find out that ABAQUS has not been verified using FORTRAN 11 and they (ABAQUS support) recommended downloading V10, which the ABAQUS program has be checked against. I did download version 10.1 and when asked for my license at installation, I input the license that came with version 11. The license number was rejected and a dialog box told me to contact this site for assistance.

Because you are installing a previous version, please try the following:

If you already have your license file from the email you received when you registered, you may skip to line 2.
1. Register the serial number at the Intel Software Development Products Registration Center <<<>>> web site.
Note: You will receive an email within 24 hours with a license file attached. If you do not receive this email, contact us <<<>>>.
2. Copy the license file to the default system directory where the product will be installed. Example License file location:
On Windows* Program FilesCommon FilesIntelLicenses
On Linux* /opt/intel/licenses/
On MAC* /Users/Shared/Library/Application Support/Intel/Licenses
3. Start the installation again.
4. Select Choose Alternative Activation on the Activation Options Window, then click Next;
5. Select Use a license file on the Advanced Activation window, then click Next;
6. Provide the complete path to the license file and include the license file name in the path.
For example:
On Windows* c:Program FilesCommon FilesIntelLicensesyour license.lic
On Linux /opt/intel/licenses/your license.lic
On MAC* /Users/Shared/Library/Application Support/Intel/Licenses/your license.lic
7. Select Full installation or custom installation upon your needs, click Next.
The installation should then proceed normally.

Let me know if this works for you.
0 Kudos
Geoff_Perrott
Beginner
Chuck,

I am having a similar problem. I purchased the Intel Compiler Suite Professional Edition for Linux* and am attempting to use the produced license file during the install ofversion 10.1.018 C++ & Fortran compilers. I am performing the install byusing the install.sh script.
I select--> "Install as current user"
--> "Install"
--> Option 2 "Provide license file name & location"

The Fortran compiler install completes successfully. However,the C++ compiler produces an errorof "Invalid License File".

Any assistance you can provide is appreciated.

0 Kudos
Chuck
New Contributor II
Quoting - Geoff Perrott
Chuck,

I am having a similar problem. I purchased the Intel Compiler Suite Professional Edition for Linux* and am attempting to use the produced license file during the install ofversion 10.1.018 C++ & Fortran compilers. I am performing the install byusing the install.sh script.
I select--> "Install as current user"
--> "Install"
--> Option 2 "Provide license file name & location"

The Fortran compiler install completes successfully. However,the C++ compiler produces an errorof "Invalid License File".

Any assistance you can provide is appreciated.

Hi Geoff,

If I understand correctly, you aren't using the license file that you got for the Compiler Suite? Is that right?
The compiler Suite needs the license file that was sent for it. Is there a reason that you are installing 10.1 and not the latest version? Perhaps I am not understanding your question. The Compiler suite you purchased is for the 11.1 version.

Chuck
0 Kudos
Chuck
New Contributor II
Quoting - Chuck (Intel)

Hi Geoff,

If I understand correctly, you aren't using the license file that you got for the Compiler Suite? Is that right?
The compiler Suite needs the license file that was sent for it. Is there a reason that you are installing 10.1 and not the latest version? Perhaps I am not understanding your question. The Compiler suite you purchased is for the 11.1 version.

Chuck

Geoff,

Let me know if you need this post taken private to talk about serial numbers or license files. In general, we may not need to.

Chuck
0 Kudos
Geoff_Perrott
Beginner
Quoting - Chuck (Intel)

Hi Geoff,

Chuck

No, I am using the license file that was provided to me afterregistering the serial # for the Intel Compiler Suite that I just purchased. This license file works when I install (via install.sh script) the 10.1 Fortran Compiler, but not the 10.1 C++ compiler.

We are using 10.1 for a couple of reasons. First and most importantly it is already the approved version for the system it is on and secondly there are some issues with compiling XMidas code on the 11.1 Compiler. I am receiving the feedback for issues with the 11.1 compiler second hand and have not yet had the chance to try it myself.
0 Kudos
Geoff_Perrott
Beginner

I found a typo in the license file. Once corrected install completed successfully.
0 Kudos
ddempsey786
Beginner

Hi there,

Sorry to dig up an old thread but I am having a similar issue. My installation of Abaqus seems to be having issues matching library symbols between Visual Studio 2005 and Intel Fortran 11.1 (evaluation copy). I would like to download an evaluation copy of 10.1 to see if this solves the issue though can't seem to find any links.

Is there anyway to obtain an evaluation version of Intel Fortran 10.1 without purchasing 11.1 beforehand?
0 Kudos
Shamla_P_Intel
Employee
Quoting - ddempsey786

Hi there,

Sorry to dig up an old thread but I am having a similar issue. My installation of Abaqus seems to be having issues matching library symbols between Visual Studio 2005 and Intel Fortran 11.1 (evaluation copy). I would like to download an evaluation copy of 10.1 to see if this solves the issue though can't seem to find any links.

Is there anyway to obtain an evaluation version of Intel Fortran 10.1 without purchasing 11.1 beforehand?

Greetings,

I have resend you a mail which you received, while requesting evaluation copy of Intel Visual Fortran Compiler Professional Edition for Windows*.

In this mail there is a link to download files. Please click on this link and in a page, click on the download files link. You will be presented with a page which has different files for download. At the bottom of this page, you have option to choose different versions of product. (screen shot attached.)

Please choose 10.1, remember that you need to use the license file for the install. (.lic file attached to the e-mail.)

Thank You
Shamla
0 Kudos
ddempsey786
Beginner
Quoting - Shamla (Intel)

Greetings,

I have resend you a mail which you received, while requesting evaluation copy of Intel Visual Fortran Compiler Professional Edition for Windows*.

In this mail there is a link to download files. Please click on this link and in a page, click on the download files link. You will be presented with a page which has different files for download. At the bottom of this page, you have option to choose different versions of product. (screen shot attached.)

Please choose 10.1, remember that you need to use the license file for the install. (.lic file attached to the e-mail.)

Thank You
Shamla

Thanks Shamla,

Unfortunately the .lic file you emailed expired two days ago (I'm guessing it was 30 days dated from when I downloaded fortran 11?) and I have been unable to install and properly test the software in this time due to Christmas and New Year. I wonder if it would be possible to get a new license file? - another week or two would be all that is required.
0 Kudos
Lina_L_Intel
Employee
Quoting - ddempsey786

Thanks Shamla,

Unfortunately the .lic file you emailed expired two days ago (I'm guessing it was 30 days dated from when I downloaded fortran 11?) and I have been unable to install and properly test the software in this time due to Christmas and New Year. I wonder if it would be possible to get a new license file? - another week or two would be all that is required.

Hello,
I have helped extend your evaluation license to 1/12/2010.
Please plan your time to evaluate it.
Thank you.

Regards,
Lina
0 Kudos
ddempsey786
Beginner

Hello,
I have helped extend your evaluation license to 1/12/2010.
Please plan your time to evaluate it.
Thank you.

Regards,
Lina

Thank you, Lina.

That has done the trick. Fortran 10.1 is now working with Abaqus correctly. How should I go about purchasing a full license for version 10.1? Should I purchase the license for 11.1 and then request the older license or can I just get the 10.1 license directly?

0 Kudos
Lina_L_Intel
Employee
Quoting - ddempsey786

Thank you, Lina.

That has done the trick. Fortran 10.1 is now working with Abaqus correctly. How should I go about purchasing a full license for version 10.1? Should I purchase the license for 11.1 and then request the older license or can I just get the 10.1 license directly?

Thank you for your interest on our products.
You can purchase the license for version 11.1 which allow you to access older versions like 10.1.
On how to download older version and install older versions, we have two articles created for your reference:

http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/older-version-product/
http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/older-version-installation/

Did I answer your question?
Thank you.

Regards,
Lina
0 Kudos
ddempsey786
Beginner

Hello Lina,

Thank you for your help. I have purchased a full version and it is working properly now. Cheers.

0 Kudos