Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

During activation unable to obtain unlock code

Michael_G_10
Beginner

I am trying to install the Fortran compiler on a new box as my old one has died.

I downloaded the latest version of the compiler locally on the pc.  During the install process I perform the following steps.

1. Click on the "I have a serial number and want to active and install my product"

2. Get error message of:
"Install program failed to establish Internet connection for activation.  You will now be taken to offline activation steps." [due to company firewall]

This populates step 2 with an activation code:

3. Step 3 says to go to the Remote Activation site

The website says:

Thank you for your purchase of Intel® Software Development Products. Please enter your Activation Code in the following field. We no longer provide an Unlock Code. Click on [Submit] and we will send the license file for your serial number to the serial number owner.

4. Upon submitting the activation code, I get emailed a licence .lic file

Since there is no unlock code, I then go back on the software Activation installation screen and click on "Chose alternative activation".  I then clicked on "Use a license file" option and point it to the one just emailed to me.

When I click next it says "The license file provided is invalid"

Unsure how to get past this step as I can't obtain the unlock code and apparently there's some issue with the license file that gets emailed to me.

Any thoughts?

-MG

0 Kudos
4 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III

You may need to try the companion forum on licensing and registration. You might try copying the license to the intel licenses folder.

0 Kudos
Robert_L_Intel1
Employee

Hello Michael - Can you upload the license file and serial number in a private message?

0 Kudos
Michael_G_10
Beginner

Thanks to Bob for helping me resolve issue.  Turned out I had tied the installation version to the wrong license file.  License was for an older version of the software.  Installing an older version resolved the issue.

Thanks,

-MG

0 Kudos
Michael_G_10
Beginner

Thanks to Bob for helping me resolve issue.  Turned out I had tied the installation version to the wrong license file.  License was for an older version of the software.  Installing an older version resolved the issue.

Thanks,

-MG

0 Kudos