Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Error: Plugin "org.apache.cordova.inappbrowser" failed to install.

Bobby_T_
Beginner

I try to do an Intel XDK build - build failed for this reason "Error: Plugin "org.apache.cordova.inappbrowser" failed to install."   I use C2 and Construct 2 native plugin "browser". I build for iOS.

About 4-7 days ago, everything works just fine. Same C2 project, same Intel XDK project, same plugins. What has changed? I can't update my app to the App Store..

[edit] used Intel XDK Early Access 2866 and also testing on Intel XDK 2893. 4-7 days ago, all worked very well! [edit]

0 Kudos
15 Replies
Mark_v_2
Beginner

Same problem here!

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

There have been some problems with the NPM registry (which is where that plugin is pulled from) that have been interfering with our build system. Are you still experiencing build problems?

If you continue to experience problems, you can remove it and re-add it as a github plugin using the third-party plugin option. Here's an example of how to add it that way, check the repo for specific release tags (https://github.com/apache/cordova-plugin-inappbrowser/releases):

Screen Shot 2016-01-29 at 5.59.14 PM.png

0 Kudos
Steven_S_4
Beginner

I successfully added the plugin as described and receive the same error.

0 Kudos
Bobby_T_
Beginner

This didn't help, same error again. Tried 1.2.0 and also 1.1.1.

I just launched my app on the app store and now I can't update/bug fix it for my customers..

0 Kudos
fong_k_
Beginner

SAME HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
Mark_v_2
Beginner

What worked for me was adding this plugin as mentioned, but I also had to edit the file intelxdk.config.additions.xml. 

I removed the line with órg.apache.cordova.inappbrowser. And then it worked!

0 Kudos
Sudeep_V_
Beginner

@Mark v.

After removing 'órg.apache.cordova.inappbrowser', is your app working normal?

0 Kudos
Steven_S_4
Beginner

@Mark v.

I can confirm that deleting this line worked for me as well. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Sudeep_V_
Beginner

@Mark v.

But I found my app isn't working properly. Is there any other way to fix the issue? 

0 Kudos
Mark_v_2
Beginner

My app seems to work perfectly. Sorry, I don't know any other solution.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

It is very important that you DO NOT use the intelxdk.config.additions.xml file for adding plugins. If you have imported a Construct2 application you may be encountering this problem. You need to add your plugins using the Plugin Management tool on the Projects tab. Using the additions file worked with our old build systems, but that procedure no longer works, and importing plugins using this technique will no longer work.

0 Kudos
Anusha_M_Intel1
Employee

Is it the InAppBrowser plugin that is failing for everyone?

Does anyone have a build log file they can upload? If using the plugin manager and removing from the additions file doesn't work for you, could you private message me your project? 

0 Kudos
Sam_R_
Novice

Hi,

I can confirm that I am having the same problem with the in app browser, I also followed the above steps but no such luck! 

Anyone else got any suggestions?

Thanks

0 Kudos
fong_k_
Beginner

Problems resolved

1:REMOVE inappbrowser in intelxdk.config.additions.xml.

2:add inappbrowser by project>plugin management>core plugin,and set the version on 1.2

0 Kudos
Joel_N_
Beginner

For anyone who comes across this and is still having a problem, I was referencing old documentation that no longer works. The new way to install this plugin is described here: http://cordova.apache.org/docs/en/6.x/reference/cordova-plugin-inappbrowser/index.html#page-toc-source

Quick Reference: 

cordova plugin add cordova-plugin-inappbrowser
0 Kudos