Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Error trying to authenticate to the simulation server

Uitlegentekst
Beginner

Hi,

After updating the Intel XDK to 3491, I am unable to connect to the Simulate server. When I go to the SImulate tab and press the run-button, I get "Error trying to authenticate to the simulation server". I tried this with different kind of projects / templates, reloaded the XDK, etc, to no avail. Anyone has an idea what could cause this?

- XDK 3491 
- OS X El Captain
- Steps (bare): started new project (any template of blank project), go to simulate tab, start simulate session.

Thanks in advance,

Mark

0 Kudos
12 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

I have not seen nor heard of this issue before. Can you attach a recording of what you are seeing? For example, use Quicktime to record the XDK and the process you are taking to get to this message?

For what it's worth, I am also using OSX and have never seen this error.

0 Kudos
Uitlegentekst
Beginner

Hi Paul,Thanks for your reply. 

A Quicktime recording is attached. 

Regards, Mark

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Mark -- thank you, that is very helpful. I'll give a copy to our Simulate tab expert and see if she knows what is going on. Definitely have not seen that before, and I think there is one other thread floating around on the forum that has expressed a similar issue.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

In the meantime, you can do one of the following:

• use the Debug tab as an alternative (not as fast as Simulate)
  • install the standalone Simulate project on your system > https://github.com/Microsoft/cordova-simulate <
  • open index.html with a browser and "try/catch" or fake any Cordova APIs you call

0 Kudos
Albertina_D_Intel

Hi Mark, thanks for reporting this. Can you provide the xdk.log file? In MAC is located at /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/XDK.

0 Kudos
Uitlegentekst
Beginner

Hi Albertina,
Thanks for your effort. Logfile is attached.

Regards,
Mark

0 Kudos
jason_k_2
Beginner

Hi All

Im having the same problem when I hit the simulate tab and then click on start simulator?

-XDK 3522

-OS X El Capitan

-Same steps a Mark

Regards

Jason

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Jason -- we're still waiting for some feedback from another user in order to better understand the issue. Perhaps you can also help. I'll ask the responsible engineer to send you the same instructions she provided to the other user so you might be able to provide some enhanced details that will help us understand this issue.

0 Kudos
渊博_苏_
Beginner

Hi All

Im having the same problem too,when i click start simulation server。

1. i choose an standard html5 project and it tell me success。
  2. then start simulate server . i get "Error trying to authenticate to the simulation server"

so how to solve this problem。

thanks

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

@theimp -- this issue is still under investigation. We've been unable to reproduce the issue, which makes it difficult to resolve without the ability to reproduce. I've pinged engineering to let them know of this additional report with this problem.

0 Kudos
Anirban_C_
Beginner

I am running XDK on DebianOS on a x86 machine and I'm behind a proxy server. I didn't have this problem in the earlier versions.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

The simulate tab runs entirely local, it does not depend on any external servers to function. The "server" being referred to is a local server that is run on your system by the Simulate tab to operate. This is likely something to do with your local proxy settings or a local firewall on your system that might be blocking access to this local Simulation server.

0 Kudos