Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17065 Discussions

Error uploading APK (certificate that is not safe)

Alejandro_E_
Beginner

Hi, when uploading to Google Play receives the following message:

''You uploaded an APK file with a certificate that is not safe. The size of the RSA or DSA key must be at least 2048 bits.''

I do not know how to fix it.

In Build Settings the ''Signed'' It is marked.

Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Aahedi
Beginner

I also experienced the same thing. I'm using the latest Intel XDK CLI 5.1.1.

To engineer intel I wonder why?

Please give us a solution.

Filipe_D_
Beginner
Hi.

The same problem for me. 

"Uploaded an APK signed with a certificate unsafe. The size of the RSA or DSA key must be at least 2048 bits."

Any help please?

Thanks.
John_H_Intel2
Employee

Are you using the EA edition of the XDK? If so, I recommend using the certificate tool to create a new certificate and build using the new cert.

Filipe_D_
Beginner

Hi John H.,

Problem solved. I was working with Intel XDK version in 2807 and now downloaded Intel XDK EA Release 2866.

I sent my app to the Google Play and did not give any error.

THANK YOU AND CONGRATULATIONS FOR NEW RELEASE.
Fantastic job of Intel XDK team.

Aahedi
Beginner

JOHN H. (Intel) wrote:

Are you using the EA edition of the XDK? If so, I recommend using the certificate tool to create a new certificate and build using the new cert.

I still have a problem. I previously worked with Intel XDK 2366 then I upgrade to Intel XDK EA 2893 to use the CLI 5.1.1. I still have problems with the certificate google play. If it is the problem in the EA version, then where I should download the latest Intel XDK stable version? Help me

John_H_Intel2
Employee

Did you use the certificate tool to create a new certificate, set the app to use the new cert and then upload/build and try to submit the new apk to the play store?