Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Error uploading APK (certificate that is not safe)

Alejandro_E_
Beginner

Hi, when uploading to Google Play receives the following message:

''You uploaded an APK file with a certificate that is not safe. The size of the RSA or DSA key must be at least 2048 bits.''

I do not know how to fix it.

In Build Settings the ''Signed'' It is marked.

Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Aahedi
Beginner

I also experienced the same thing. I'm using the latest Intel XDK CLI 5.1.1.

To engineer intel I wonder why?

Please give us a solution.

0 Kudos
Filipe_D_
Beginner
Hi.

The same problem for me. 

"Uploaded an APK signed with a certificate unsafe. The size of the RSA or DSA key must be at least 2048 bits."

Any help please?

Thanks.
0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

Are you using the EA edition of the XDK? If so, I recommend using the certificate tool to create a new certificate and build using the new cert.

0 Kudos
Filipe_D_
Beginner

Hi John H.,

Problem solved. I was working with Intel XDK version in 2807 and now downloaded Intel XDK EA Release 2866.

I sent my app to the Google Play and did not give any error.

THANK YOU AND CONGRATULATIONS FOR NEW RELEASE.
Fantastic job of Intel XDK team.

0 Kudos
Aahedi
Beginner

JOHN H. (Intel) wrote:

Are you using the EA edition of the XDK? If so, I recommend using the certificate tool to create a new certificate and build using the new cert.

I still have a problem. I previously worked with Intel XDK 2366 then I upgrade to Intel XDK EA 2893 to use the CLI 5.1.1. I still have problems with the certificate google play. If it is the problem in the EA version, then where I should download the latest Intel XDK stable version? Help me

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

Did you use the certificate tool to create a new certificate, set the app to use the new cert and then upload/build and try to submit the new apk to the play store?

0 Kudos