Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Exception Thrown

Indulekha_G_
Beginner

So I've been trying to get the facial recognition code sample to work. I fixed the reference issues regarding the fact that the dll should have an x64 processor. This removed all build errors and warnings however when I try to run it, it throws this exception: 

Exception thrown: 'System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException' in PresentationFramework.dll

Additional information: The invocation of the constructor on type 'FaceID.MainWindow' that matches the specified binding constraints threw an exception.

I have looked quite a bit regarding how to solve this issue, and everything seems to point back to the different architectures which I have already resolved. When I looked furthur into the exception, this is the specific error that got thrown: 

{"Unable to find an entry point named '?' in DLL 'libpxccpp2c'.":""}

Any advice would be appreciated!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Daniel_M_4
Novice

Hi,

I believe I ran into this same problem last week. In my case what fixed it was commenting out these two lines in Main.Window.Xaml.cs:

recognitionConfig.CreateStorage(DatabaseName, out recognitionDesc);
            recognitionConfig.UseStorage(DatabaseName);

I believe those two methods are no longer supported/are obsolete from my findings on the internet and are what contributed to the exception. Hope this helps!

Regards,

Daniel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Daniel_M_4
Novice

Hi,

I believe I ran into this same problem last week. In my case what fixed it was commenting out these two lines in Main.Window.Xaml.cs:

recognitionConfig.CreateStorage(DatabaseName, out recognitionDesc);
            recognitionConfig.UseStorage(DatabaseName);

I believe those two methods are no longer supported/are obsolete from my findings on the internet and are what contributed to the exception. Hope this helps!

Regards,

Daniel

0 Kudos
Indulekha_G_
Beginner

Thank you! That worked for me! However, I looked through the SDK, and it seems like these are the methods that should be used to create and use the database. Do you know what version of the SDK the sample code used, maybe this is the issue?

0 Kudos
Bryan_B_Intel1
Employee

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I was able to reproduce your findings, and it appears to be an issue with the latest release of the SDK (2016 R1). I will investigate this and try to get an answer for you ASAP.

Thanks, Bryan

0 Kudos
Bryan_B_Intel1
Employee

Turns out this became an issue in 2015 R5 following some API changes: https://software.intel.com/en-us/blogs/2015/11/18/whats-news-in-rs-sdk-r5

For now it appears Daniel's work-around is indeed the best reply... thanks Daniel! I'll let you know if a timeline for re-implementing these features is available.

Thanks, Bryan

0 Kudos
Indulekha_G_
Beginner

Thanks for the response! I followed Daniel's suggestion, but that meant that no database would ever be used. I guess my other question is to use storage should we import a database in. Since the SDK says it supports a database that can store 20 faces, I'm assuming there must be some way to actually say "use this database for storage" outside of these methods not in the API currently.  

0 Kudos
Vivek_S_
Beginner

I am get the same exception. Commenting out the lines gets rid of the error along with the ability to have s database.

Does Intel have an update on using the database of stroage?

0 Kudos
AndreCarlucci
Beginner

Hi Vivek,

Here is one example of using the facial recognition and saving it to the database:

https://github.com/SharpSenses/SharpSenses/blob/master/SharpSenses.RealSense/Capabilities/FaceRecognitionCapability.cs

If you want to use the library, facial recognition is as easy as:

camera.Face.PersonRecognized += (s, a) => {
        Console.WriteLine("Hello " + a.UserId); 
};

camera.Face.RecognizeFace();

0 Kudos