Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Facebook Login Problems

Dario_C_
Beginner

I really read all the threads on this forum about the subject, bt asn't able to solve mine problem.

I'm using the plugin and did follow the instructions in this article to set it up : https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/article/facebook-connect-plugin-android-ios

and this version of the plugin : https://github.com/jeduan/cordova-plugin-facebook4

But whenever I test the app on the phone with the debug tool the Facebok App is launched, but I get this error : http://imgur.com/a/TNDFX

I tried to create a new Facebook App, instead of using my old one (we use it for website login).

I double checked the APP_ID is correct b removing a reinstalling the plugin and by checking the config files inside the /plugins/ folder.

But nothing seems to work, any help?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Dario -- best source of information regarding the behavior of an app including that plugin would be the plugin site, where you can find issues and solutions related to the plugin. We are not experts on the behavior of third-party plugins, we provide some simple examples to help people get started, but did not develop those plugins and we do not maintain them.

Likewise, you can search for issues related to Cordova apps, in general, since the XDK is a mechanism for building and debugging standard Cordova apps.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Dario_C_
Beginner

Found some strange behaviour and a "solution". Actually the Facebook App is used to login via web on our CMS, so I already had the FP App within my Facebook user Applications. Did a login to that website from the desktop browser time ago. For that reason I didn't test the getconnectionstatus before calling the login function (I was just testing).

Removing it from my Facebook user apps made the plugin login function to work flawlessy. If I call the login function while the App is currently "installed" in my FB user Apps it gives an error, even if I never ever did a login from this mobile device.

Am I already logged in cause I've used the FB App via web? Is this a correct behaviour? Shouldn't the login done on every device?

So the solution is to just check if the user is already logged in, even if the login was done via a browser on a differente computer? 

I also found a strange behaviour while I was doing my tests changed different package names on the Facebook developers page and nothing changed, the app actually works with any package name.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Dario -- best source of information regarding the behavior of an app including that plugin would be the plugin site, where you can find issues and solutions related to the plugin. We are not experts on the behavior of third-party plugins, we provide some simple examples to help people get started, but did not develop those plugins and we do not maintain them.

Likewise, you can search for issues related to Cordova apps, in general, since the XDK is a mechanism for building and debugging standard Cordova apps.

0 Kudos