Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Leonardo_S_
Beginner
877 Views

Failed to load: audio/bgm/Town1.m4a

Hello there,

I'm having this error message: "Failed to load: audio/bgm/Town1.m4a" when trying to emulate on XDK 3641 (which I believe it's the latest version) and I don't have any audio in the device too (I made a build anyway to see how to works on the device). Anyone could tell me why the emulator cannot load the .m4a audio? And why I can't get audio in the device?

Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
Giselle_G_Intel
Employee
877 Views

Hi Leonardo,

Where do you currently have your sound file stored? Is it within your WWW folder? And I believe the simulate & emulate tab don't support certain audio file playback. You can check here for the simulation tab limitations: https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/docs/intel-xdk-simulator-limitations

0 Kudos
Leonardo_S_
Beginner
877 Views

Giselle G. (Intel) wrote:

Hi Leonardo,

Where do you currently have your sound file stored? Is it within your WWW folder? And I believe the simulate & emulate tab don't support certain audio file playback. You can check here for the simulation tab limitations: https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/docs/intel-xdk-simulator-limitations

Yes, the file it is in the www folder. The full path is "\www\audio\bgm\Town1.m4a" ... And I can understand why there is limitations for the simulate and emulate tab... but the audio is not on the device after a build. All the rest works, but no sound at all.

0 Kudos
Giselle_G_Intel
Employee
877 Views

Alright, then my next suggestion would be to ensure that your path is correct, as .m4a should be working on an android device - as well as the way you call it in your code. Even the smallest capitalization difference can lead to an error in loading. Check your build files and see if it's bringing in the www folder and the assets within it.

0 Kudos
Leonardo_S_
Beginner
877 Views

Giselle G. (Intel) wrote:

Alright, then my next suggestion would be to ensure that your path is correct, as .m4a should be working on an android device - as well as the way you call it in your code. Even the smallest capitalization difference can lead to an error in loading. Check your build files and see if it's bringing in the www folder and the assets within it.

 

My path is correct, my code is correct... the same code when build to run on PC works perfect, no problems with the .exe ... Someone told me to try to build the .apk with Crosswalk Runtime 18 instead of the 19 that I was using, but when I did it the Intel XDK tells me the "build failed" ... 5 times in a row... any ideas on this?

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee
877 Views

Leonardo -- can you show a screenshot of your project folder from within the XDK edit file tree, especially:

  • root folder of the project showing the www and plugins folders
  • expanded view of the folder that contains the audio file, showing all folders up to the root of the project
0 Kudos
Leonardo_S_
Beginner
877 Views

Paul F. (Intel) wrote:

Leonardo -- can you show a screenshot of your project folder from within the XDK edit file tree, especially:

  • root folder of the project showing the www and plugins folders
  • expanded view of the folder that contains the audio file, showing all folders up to the root of the project

01 - root

01_0.PNG

02 - inside www

02_0.PNG

03 - inside audio

03.PNG

04 - inside bgm

04.PNG

 

Is that what you need to see?

0 Kudos
Vortex_7_
Beginner
877 Views

I have completely same problem. You have solution?

If simulate on Lenovo K900 game is work, but without audio.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee
877 Views

Vortex 7. wrote:

If simulate on Lenovo K900 game is work, but without audio.

Please see the Simulate tab limitations.

0 Kudos
Leonardo_S_
Beginner
877 Views

Vortex 7. wrote:

I have completely same problem. You have solution?

If simulate on Lenovo K900 game is work, but without audio.

Thank you.

No, no solution yet. And no more answers from Intel either... all that I've discovered that is new is that the problem is on Android 6.0 ... the same build on an Android 7.0 works just fine

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee
877 Views

Leonardo -- If you are only deploying your apps to Android 5+ devices (i.e., Android 5.x, Android 6.x and Android 7.x) you can build your app without Crosswalk and get equivalent or better performance compared to using Crosswalk. It's possible you are experiencing some conflicts between Crosswalk and Android (I'm guessing this might be the issue, I'm not sure).

Crosswalk is most useful for Android 4.x devices. Android 5+ devices have an up-to-date webview provided by Google and based on the latest version of Chrome for Android. Thus, you can rely on the native webview for Android 5 and greater devices, it is only the Android 4.x devices that see a big benefit from using Crosswalk.

p.s. The Crosswalk project was retired in February, 2017. See the Intel XDK release notes for more information.

0 Kudos