Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Feature Request: Options to set the app main page in Intel XDK

Muhaimin
Beginner

The App Designer in Intel XDK allows us to easily add and remove pages to our apps. In this case, I use the Intel's App Framework. I haven't tried another frameworks.

The page hierarchy is something like this:

index.html
--- page #p-1
------ sub-page #sp-1-1
------ sub-page #sp-1-2
--- page #p-2
------ sub-page #sp-2-1

While adding and removing pages is easy, it is quite difficult to set the "main page", i.e. first page to be displayed when app starts. If I don't want to delete some of my pages using App Designer, then the only thing I can do is to edit the HTML.

This is the typical form of nested tags:

<div id="p-1" class="upage">
    <div id="sp-1-1" class="upage-content hidden"></div>
    <div id="sp-1-2" class="upage-content"></div>
</div>

By placing hidden next to upage-content, the sub-page will be inactive. So we don't have to reorder the lines of codes.

But the rule for upage is different. We have to reorder the lines of codes. For example:

<div id="p-2" class="upage">
</div>
<div id="p-1" class="upage">
</div>

This is surely inconvenient if we have many lines. With the editor, perhaps we can collapse the nested tags before moving our codes to avoid mistakes.

So this is my suggestion to Intel: Could you add some options to set the app main page in Intel XDK?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Elroy_A_Intel
Employee

I will escalate your request to the App Designer team. Thank you for your feedback.

0 Kudos
Carlos_P_2
Beginner

The Muhammad M suggestion is very pleased, and If the page and sub-page movement be done on DESIGN view, PAGES, like drag-and-drop. It would be fantastic.

0 Kudos