Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Flashlight Plugin not working correctly.

Nick_F_2
New Contributor III

Hi 

I have implemented the flashlight in an app. The light is set to time out after 8 seconds.

Flashlight works fine on iOS9 on iPhone 5s but does not work at all on iOS9 iPhone 6s, sorry cannot check any other iOS device. No error shown.

Flashlight lights on Android works on some Android 4.0+ devices but not others. When it works the light stays on after an error  which is "Sorry the Android Camera encountered a problem. You may need to restart your device."

Even if the light does not light the same error appears in Android.

Building with Corodova 4.1.2 and the Eddy Verbruggen Flashlight-PhoneGap-Plugin.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Amrita_C_Intel
Employee

Hello,

Which Intel XDK version are you using?

Can you send your .zip file of the entire project. So that I can check and provide you more detailed solution.

0 Kudos
Nick_F_2
New Contributor III

Hi I'm using version 2496 of XDK.

I have PM you with a zip file containing the projects.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Elroy_A_Intel
Employee

I recommend submitting a post to the developer of this plugin in the respective GitHub repository. The AV Foundation framework that is being used for accessing torch may have been modified in iOS9 or there may need to be additional conditions for other devices. Some devices may not have access to the LED as well. These changes or updates need to be investigated and made in the Objective-C code by the plugin developer.

0 Kudos
Amrita_C_Intel
Employee

I answered this through message.

0 Kudos