Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Floating licensing scheme in relation to TBB, IPP and MKL

Geert_B_
Beginner

Hi,

in my company we are looking into purchasing licenses for MKL, TBB, and IPP.
After some quick investigation, it turns out that it's a lot cheaper to by the C++ Composer XE then buying licenses for each seperate library (699/platform/user vs. 1197/platform/user for single user licenses). We are not necesairily interested in using the Intel Compiler (but we wish to keep the option open in the future).

However, floating licenses appear to be more interesting for our situation (corporate environment, so centralized license management is must).
Now, we are unsure how many seats we would actually require. I'll try to sketch our situation.

We have a team of developers working on our own company-specific SDK, which is were we wish to use MKL, TBB and IPP. This SDK is then used by our application development teams, approx. 150 people, as SDK for their applications, we do only distribute this SDK to external (ie not part of the company) users in DLL form.
These application development teams, don't alter or extend this SDK but they do have the sources available for debugging purposes (they can localy compile the SDK).
So assume the SDK team is 20 people + 4 build machines (continuous integration, nightly builds, quality checks etc).
How many floating license would we require?

If I read the Floating License description correctly, it doesn't really describe how licensing happens when using MKL, TBB and IPP from the C++ Composer, without using the Intel Compiler.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Quoc-An_L_Intel

I have escalated your question to one of Intel Business Development Manager.  They will be in touch with you.

0 Kudos