Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Framework7 Properties tab shows nothing, subpages not loading

Ashwin_P_
Beginner

Before I start, I know framework7 has been deprecated, but I still chose to go with it because of it's iOS like UI which can be brought to the android platform. I won't make this mistake again. 

Now, for the problem. I was creating a password management app for the purposes of learning and sharing. I was almost through with the project, except for a small bit. I created a new subpage, added input fields and buttons, gave them function calls, then when I came back to my designer, the UI looked a lot worse, and the properties of the elements were no where to be found in the properties tab. (Properties was empty)

I tried testing the app out on my device using the AppPreview, and the subpages wouldnt open. The same pages which were working fine a few minutes prior to this, weren't opening.

I tried running the index.html in chrome, and same. The url changed each time I clicked a button which was supposed to change the page, but the actual page itself never loaded. All I could see was the main page.

I really dont understand what has gone wrong, because the project was working super fine before I created the last subpage.

By the way, Not all properties are gone. The ones in the main page exist, but other page elements, don't.

I've included a list of screenshots which attest to my problem.

(PS: Nothing was wrong with my JS or HTML or CSS, everything was working fine till this happened. I can enclose my html/jss file if required)

Thank You

0 Kudos
4 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

I've asked a colleague to take a closer look.

0 Kudos
Chris_P_Intel
Employee

Can you .zip up the project ?  It's impossible to advise from screenshots.

Have you edited the HTML directly? Maybe something was done to make it unbalanced or invalid?  You can paste the code into http://validator.w3c.org to make sure it is well-formed.

0 Kudos
Ashwin_P_
Beginner

Here, Im enclosing the zip file for the complete project. I'll look into the link you've suggested too.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Ashwin_P_
Beginner

I used the w3c validator, 

It seems that after creating the last subpage, everything within double quotes has been appended with a whitespace character. 

Im sure I didn't do this manually. Is this a probable bug in the Designer? Thank you for your help anyway!

0 Kudos