Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Functional single user license installation on multiple machines

Achille_B_
Beginner

Hi fellows Within another topic I've read: "Yes, you can. Single-user license allows the license owner to install the product on mutiple systems. however, only ONE copy of the software may be in use at any one time. " What he mean with one copy in use at one time? a. Only one copy can be functional, so when I'll use a copy I must to disable the other's machines license before. b. All copies can be functional at all times, but I can't operate the copies simultaneously. c. All copies can be functional at all times, but my machines must to be connected to Internet and there is a latency time between uses from each machine. I do need this information in order to decide where to install my license. Home and university, just university or just home. In the case of having one only machine functional, I'll try to configure a remote desktop server in order to operate my license always in the best machine (I'll have problems with data traffic under the Internet). Kind Regards

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Ron_Green

b.  you can have copies functional on many machines, licensed, etc.  But you can only use 1 system at a time.  There is no internet checking.  It is an honor system only, no check whether you are running on 1 or many systems simulataneously.

ron

0 Kudos
Achille_B_
Beginner
Thank you friend.
0 Kudos
Jeff_A_
Beginner

Hi. 

I wanted to move the registration for Composer XE 13 from my old development machine to my new machne.  I tried copying the license file and using and also entering the serial number but they didn't work.  I checked on the website but could find no useful information on the topic.  I will be travelling this summer and wanted to use the new machine exclusively for work.   Thanks in advance. 

0 Kudos
Ron_Green

This should work, moving the license file but ONLY IF

- same OS make (versions can be different so long as the compiler supports the OS version).  for example, you can't use a WIndows license on a Linux machine, vice versa, etc.

- Same compiler versions ( check the license support expiration date, compiler must be as old or older than that ).  Cannot use a new compiler with an expired license for example.

ron

0 Kudos
Prince_Joseph
Beginner

Is there any problem with 32 and 64 bit OS versions? Yes?

0 Kudos
James_T_Intel

There is no difference between the licensing for 32 and 64 bit systems.

James.

0 Kudos
Simon_W_1
Beginner

Hi,

A slight variation on the question: I have a Composer C++ license for Linux that I use at work. However, I also do work at home where I have a Mac OS X. Does this require the purchase of a different license?

-Simon

0 Kudos
Ron_Green

Yes, the Mac at home would need a new license.  Licenses are for 1 OS only, unfortunately.

ron

0 Kudos