Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Geometric Algebra, Clifford Algebra, GA, Geometric Computing, MIC support? How to?

Art_Scott
Beginner

Hi.
Been reading up on Geometric Algebra, out of necessity (the mother ...).
- Found this http://ahmadeid.webs.com/ site, has an interesting PhD dissertaton.
- Also just started looking at Eduardo Bayro-Corrochano's Geometric Computing, Springer 2010. GR8 Dedication! Think you'll like it.

So, I'd like to know from GA high level to MIC "low-level" is there a way? Does it exist? Else how to?

"On Parallelizing the Clifford Algebra for Clifford", Ablamowicz, Fauser, April 2012 Tennessee Tech. U. Cookeville, TN.

Please forgive me if there is already an Intel thread re: GA; and please point me to it. Thanks.

PLH OOE Art

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Frances_R_Intel
Employee

I can't get to Ahmad Eid's web site, but I assume what you were looking at is "Optimized Automatic Code Generation for Geometric Algebra Based Algorithms with Ray Tracing Application"?

I don't know how many Geometric Algebraists you are going to find lurking out here but it's a big area. To get a better response, you might want to try a more focused question. If you had one algorithm you wanted to start by looking at?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Frances_R_Intel
Employee

I can't get to Ahmad Eid's web site, but I assume what you were looking at is "Optimized Automatic Code Generation for Geometric Algebra Based Algorithms with Ray Tracing Application"?

I don't know how many Geometric Algebraists you are going to find lurking out here but it's a big area. To get a better response, you might want to try a more focused question. If you had one algorithm you wanted to start by looking at?

0 Kudos