Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Git Extension Discard Changes Not Work

Namık_Zafer_E_
New Contributor I

I have Intel XDK 3972 version on Mac and GIT extension below

https://github.com/zaggino/brackets-git

Before 3972 version of the Intel XDK, "Discard changes" works fine. After i updated the Intel XDK, it is not working. "Discard changes" does not change the content of file

How can i fix it? Is it Intel XDK problem?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

It's possible there is an issue with Brackets and that extension. The 3900, 3922 and 3972 releases include a new version of Brackets, running on top of a new version of node-webkit. So it is possible there is a change in Brackets that causes this. One way to test this theory is to install standalone Brackets on your system, install that git extension in the standalone version of Brackets, open your XDK project with standalone Brackets, and see if you get the same behavior from that git extension. FYI -- the version of Brackets in the XDK is 1.8.0-0. The current standalone version is 1.9.0-0.

You can report issues for the extension here > https://github.com/zaggino/brackets-git/issues < if it turns out the problem also exists with the standalone Brackets. On the other hand, if it works with the standalone version of Brackets, you can continue to use it with your XDK project, the XDK is designed to allow you to use an external editor with your project, you are not required to use the one built into the XDK.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

I just did a test using the technique that I described above, and it appears as if the "discard changes" is working, but the editor is not updating the view of the changes that were made by the "discard changes" action. The file is getting changed, but the built-in editor is not registering that change and is, therefore, not displaying the results of the change.

WORKAROUND -- After performing a "discard changes" command with your git extension, switch to a different project, using the Projects tab, and then switch back to the project you were working on. You will see the changes made by the "discard changes" command.

0 Kudos
Namık_Zafer_E_
New Contributor I

I downloaded Brackets code editor 1.9.0-0 and try "Discard changes" and it works. (After "Discard changes" click, file content was changed automatically.)

Paul, i tried your workaround, it works but it is not useful.

I know Intel XDK uses Brackets code editor in its core so

Do you have any plan to make your code editor updatable?

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Namık Zafer E. wrote:

Do you have any plan to make your code editor updatable?

This is the very reason we designed the XDK to allow the use of an external code editor, because it is impossible to be all things for all people. So if there are features you can get in another editor but you are not getting them in the XDK editor, you can use the other editor.

0 Kudos