Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Google Play certificate Fingerprint error

Victor_I_1
Beginner

Google Play won't let me upload the new version of may app because Intel XDK is not signing the apk with the same certificate from the previous versions. I receive a certificate fingerprint error message.

How can I get access to the keystore and the certificate used to sign my app in the previous compiled versions?

If I get the previous certificate and keystore used to sign the previous versions I could compile a new version with Intel XDK without signing it, and then sign it locally.

I need to be able to upload a new version of my app to Google Play ASAP.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
John_H_Intel2
Employee

If you have the previous keystore that was used to sign you app, send it to html5tools@intel.com. Include your XDK login and we can assign the keystore to your account.

OR, you can build it unsigned, then sign it locally and upload the apk.

0 Kudos
Victor_I_1
Beginner

Thanks for the replay

I don't have my previous keystore because the APK was signed automatically on Intel XDK's build server.

I checked the “Signed“ option in the “Projects Properties” under the “Build Setting’s” android tab so that it would be sign automatically

Maybe we could do the other way arround.

I could send an email to html5tools@intel.com asking for the keystore associated with my account that was used in the build server to sign may app.

Then I could build an unsigned version and sign it locally using the keystore that I received.

Would it work?

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

Are you using a different login than your last app? Only 1 keystore is used per account to sign apps. Did you try building the app on the original account?

We can always send the original keystore and let you self sign the apk.

0 Kudos
Victor_I_1
Beginner

There was a change in my account recently but I'm not using a different one.

I used to use my e-mail as a “User Name”(login id) to login, but recently the system started to deny my access.

I followed the instructions at https://signin.intel.com/ page in the “Forgot your user id” link so I could log in again.

After that I could log in normally but my “User id” stoped being my email address.

Maybe a new keystore was generated when my user name changed from being my email address.

If the original keystore (from my user id being my e-mail address) is available I could use it sign my app locally.

Can you send it to me?

Or I could try to revert my user name back to my e-mail address if it solves the problem, but I couldn’t find the place to do it.

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

Can you send me a private message with both of the email addresses in question?

0 Kudos
Victor_I_1
Beginner

One of the keys you sent worked (key1.keystore).
I was able to do an unsigned build with Intel XDK, sign the APK locally and upload it to Google Play.
Thank you for the support.

0 Kudos
Medtouch_L_
Beginner

Hi I'm having the same problem. How can we solve this?

Thanks

0 Kudos
navid_t_
Beginner

Hi I'm having the same problem.can you send to me my keystore ,too?

my email is navid.taqipour@gmail.com

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

@Navid -- you can now manage your certs directly, using the 3088 release. Please see this doc page > https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/docs/intel-xdk-certificate-management/

0 Kudos
Diego_Johan_D_
Beginner

Hi Paul, Thanks a lot, I had the same problem, but now I can manage my certs.

0 Kudos
Jerroyd_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Diego,

Are you able to manage your certs if you follow this page? https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/docs/intel-xdk-certificate-management/

--Jerroyd

0 Kudos