Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17060 Discussions

Google play apk - wrong version code

Antoine_D_
Beginner

When I build my app (Crosswalk) and submit it to Google play It say that I must have a higher version code than 60003

But in my settings it's higher than 60003

And the build log confirm it :

What can I do ?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
John_H_Intel2
Employee

Your images are not showing up, please reattch them and make sure that you can see them so we can see them.

0 Kudos
Antoine_D_
Beginner

Google play It say that I must have a higher version code than 60003 :

My settings :

Build log:

Is it ok ?

ps: I see it in my first post!

0 Kudos
Antoine_D_
Beginner

No idea ?

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

What you show looks correct. The Crosswalk build automatically adds 60000 to the versionCode for the x86 build and adds 20000 to the ARM versionCode build (see https://forums.html5dev-software.intel.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=7460#p27813 for reference) and, as you show, that versionCode is 60005.

Have you checked the versionCode on the ARM build? If you install Android Studio or the Android SDK command-line tools there is an app called "aapt" that you can use to inspect the Android manifest file. Use this Linux/OSX command-line to extract the versionCode:

$ aapt l -a filename.apk | grep Code

You'll have to translate to Windows for equivalent...

Pull down the APK files you've already submitted and double-check the versionCode inside those files.

0 Kudos
Antoine_D_
Beginner

I used Apktool (http://ibotpeaches.github.io/Apktool/) to decompile. Version code are correct.

In factthe problem is from ARM & x86 version code. In production you can upload multiple APK (x86 version and ARM version). So you don't have conflict between x86 versionCode (6000x) &  ARM versionCode (2000x).

But in Alpha (and maybe beta) only one APK is used. So If you upload a x86 apk with 6000x versionCode and after that you want to upload a x86, It won't work! Because your x86 apk will always have an higher version code (6000x versus 2000x).

0 Kudos
Antoine_D_
Beginner

Wow, I really don't know what happened. Everything is fine now.

I deactivated the x86 apk and uploaded the new ARM apk. And now I seem that the tools understood that it's two apk for two different devices and don't make conflict anymore..I have the two apk active unlike five minutes ago.

I'm sorry that I bother you for that, the problem wasn't from the Intel XDK.

Thanks for help.

0 Kudos