Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Graphics and Display Mobile Intel 4 series express chipset family 1280x800

sunny64068
Beginner

That is what my graphics card is called. To buy another graphics card, the user guide says it should be a directx 9 for Vista. I just bought my first laptop and when trying to play games - I've gotten messages that I do not have what it takes. So, I am buying a greater amount of RAM and thought while doing so, would take a look at my graphics card. I am unexperienced enough to not know if what I have is 'good enough' or not. I'm guessing it's just a basic card??? I've been searching different sites and still can't figure it out. Most of what I'm seeing at computer stores is directx 10. Can someone help me? I'm not a major game player, but do like to spend time playing games. Can someone advise me?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Neal_Pierman
Valued Contributor I
Hello,

It appears that you are asking questions about graphics devices, and whether your current system is sufficient for game playing or whether you need to upgrade to a better graphics card.

As this is a discussion forum for users of GPA, I'll move this post to a forum where others will hopefully be able to address your questions.

Hopefully your question will be answered quickly by other who frequent this forum.

Regards,

Neal
0 Kudos
delacy__david
Beginner
Quoting - Neal P (Intel)
Hello,

It appears that you are asking questions about graphics devices, and whether your current system is sufficient for game playing or whether you need to upgrade to a better graphics card.

As this is a discussion forum for users of GPA, I'll move this post to a forum where others will hopefully be able to address your questions.

Hopefully your question will be answered quickly by other who frequent this forum.

Regards,

Neal

no one should be trying to recommend anything to you
you need to post your system specs
i suspect u need to buy a nvidia 9600GSO video card or something like that
but its hard to tell
0 Kudos