Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

HAXM 6.0.1 installer can't find hax64.exe to uninstall older version (1.1.1)

Tevin_J_
Beginner

Hey, I'm eager get working of the new version of the android emulator but the 6.0.1 installer of HAXM cannot find the uninstaller for the older version of the HAXM. Some cleaner must have cleared my Temp files. Is there a way for me to find the uninstaller for version 1.1.1?

Edit:

I found an installer here for 1.1.1 and here for 1.1.5. Neither of which allow me to uninstall my current version. 

I eventually removed mentions of the original installation's GUID from the registry. (Idiotic move, I know) HAX 6.0.1 installation now doesn't know 1.1.1 is installed and it continued with the installation perfectly. The android emulator runs just fine. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Carlos_L_2
Beginner

Hi,

I have the exact same problem. I think I deleted some temp files and now HAXM 1.1.1 can't be uninstalled prior to install HAXM 6.0.1 (or whatever version is the latest). I tried to delete everything related to HAXM from the registry but it doesn't work. 

Please, what can I do??? I've been fighting for some days but I am not able to perform the install of HAXM 6.

0 Kudos
Tevin_J_
Beginner

I don't know what I can say. I used regedit to find every mention of haxm in the registry, using find and find next. I deleted the haxm installion folder then restarted my pc. Then everything worked. 

0 Kudos