Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

HAXM install fails on Windows 7 - "Failed to configure driver: unknown error. Failed to open driver"

Daniel_C_1
Beginner

I'm running into an unknown error when trying to install HAXM on my machine(Windows 7, Intel Core i7-2600, Asus P8Z68-M motherboard).  I've checked my BIOS settings to ensure that virutalization is enabled, and my BIOS and drivers appear to be up to date.  We also have two other developers here with the same hardware setup who are able to install HAXM, so it seems like something that should work for me.

I found the haxm_install_log.txt file and have included it as an attachment.  I looked through the log and the Event Viewer, but haven't been able to figure out what else needs to be done.  Has anyone else run into this issue?

Thanks,

Dan

0 Kudos
72 Replies
Clinton_C_
Beginner

I am having the same error, anyone still around that can help?

0 Kudos
JLuna5
New Contributor I

Hi, how can I solution this?

0 Kudos
Clinton_C_
Beginner

finally got it to work only after disabling hyper threading and using the install intelhxm.inf method as seen on this thread http://software.intel.com/en-us/blogs/2013/04/25/workaround-patch-for-haxm-installation-error-failed-to-configure-driver-unknown  It would have been nice for this link to have been posted in this thread earlier as that would haev saved me two days worth of work....

0 Kudos
jizhou_j_
Beginner

Hi, I tried multiple solutions online. Nothing works.

Can someone help me on this issue:"Failed to configure driver: unknown error. Failed to open driver"

I have attached log

0 Kudos
Ionel_M_Intel
Employee

@jizhou j. From your log I saw you are running Windows 7 with SP1 - build 7601. Right?

You can try this:

1. Connect your computer to internet
  2. From command line run "certmgr.msc", go to “Trusted Root Certification Authorities” -> “Certificates”, ensure following certificate is there. If not existing, just wait for a while with computer connecting to internet, and it will be installed automatically

AddTrust External CA Root              AddTrust External CA Root             5/30/2020           Server Authenticati...          USERTrust

1. After the above certificate is there, then run the HAXM installer.
0 Kudos
Arnab_C_
Beginner

Facing the same problem just my problem is a little above my head.

In android studio first I installed intel haxm my OS is Windows 7.Everything was fine it was running correctly no installation errors. A few days later I formatted my Laptop (C Drive only) then again installed android studio now it is showing intel haxm is not installed. I tried to install it manually then it shows the error "Failed to configure driver: unknown error. Failed to open driver". I thought maybe my Intel Virtualization is disabled I checked the BIOS it was disabled then I enabled it but after that when I tried to install intel haxm the same error. Help me. Here is my install log file.

0 Kudos
Bava_K_
Beginner

plz help me.............. 

0 Kudos
Ionel_M_Intel
Employee

@Bava K. It will be helpful if you give more details: HAXM version, system configuration (CPU, OS version, RAM)

0 Kudos
Bava_K_
Beginner

help me..

give a link for me plz

0 Kudos
Ionel_M_Intel
Employee

Check you CPU on http://ark.intel.com/. VT-x is mandatory in order to install HAXM.

0 Kudos