Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

HOW TO ACCESS FILES AFTER DOWNLOADING

Gordon_H_
Beginner

How do you find / access the Intel C++ Composer XE software module that was (apparently), downloaded. All indications were that the download processed in a normal manner, as me, a reasonable customer, one that possessed at least intermediate knowledge of software development might expect. After about an hour after initiating the download, I received a message at the bottom of the monitor screen, offering 3 choices, to save, to save as, or, open and save. I selected open and save, but I couldn't locate the software using a search on the name given again, on the bottom of the monitor screen, which happened to be: "w-ccompxe_2013_sp1_202_exe".  I performed this download, which was supposed to be 1.53 GB in size, 3 times. Later, in navigating through the intel.com web site, there was an indication that this software didn't exist!

If anyone is familiar with this problem, please reply.  Thanks.

Gordon Holtom

email:     gordo543@yahoo.com

phone:     951-893-1456

0 Kudos
2 Replies
QIAOMIN_Q_
New Contributor I

Can you try to save the file to a specific folder on your computer? since just choosing to open the package would download a temporary file.

Thank you.
--
QIAOMIN.Q
Intel Developer Support
Please participate in our redesigned community support web site:

User forums:                   http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/

0 Kudos
Gordon_H_
Beginner

I did the download, again, so I could provide you with the screen-shot, as you requested. It is the attachment. Naturally, the download was again, unsuccessful. Since I did the same thing, with no changes, I got the same result. The last 2 download attempts I checked the "use download manager" box, however, it states right next to the box, that it, (Download manager) requires an installation (!!?) Where is this "download manager"? I did a brief search through the Intel web site, but no luck. Does it install with the regular download? (of the C++ Composer XE for windows?) Also, to show that I've been serious about possibly buying the C++ compiler, now at vs. 14, I bought the Intel C++ Compiler, vs. 11.1, in Sept., 2010, from an Intel reseller called Programmer's Paradise.

My problem, I'm sure, is unique to me, and suggests that the problem may be associated with the interface between the Intel.com download logic and the OS I've been using, which again, is IE 11.  I'm probably going to try executing the download from Google Chrome, which in turn uses, as I understand, IE.  I'm hoping that we can get this resolved.  Thanks again.

Gordon H.

0 Kudos