Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Hands Viewer recognize all gestures

Scott_W_1
Beginner

According to the documentation, we should be able to have the Hands Viewer recognize all gestures by leaving the gesture selection field blank.

I've tried that, but nothing appears in the alert field. Am I doing something wrong?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Andradige_S_Intel

Are you referring to the manual? Have you enabled gestures? Could you please share the relevant code snippet

0 Kudos
Colleen_C_Intel
Employee

You saw this info in the tutorial docs?  I believe it's a typo because the sdksamples.pdf that is in the docs/pdf folder of the installed RSSDK says "Select an item in the Gesture list to recognize the specified gesture. If left empty, the sample does NOT recognize any gesture. 

0 Kudos
Scott_W_1
Beginner

There are two different samples:

The one that comes with the tutorial, and the one that comes with the sample browser.

I was using the one that comes with the sample browser. I tried "EnableAllGestures()", but it had no effect, though honestly I am just learning to compile with VisualStudio - so I'll look into it more.

If you are right, then it is a typo. From the sample browser documentation, here's the exact wording:

"Select an item in the Gesture list to recognize only the specified gesture, or leave it empty to recognize all gestures."

After posting my message, I found the tutorial example. It does recognize several of the gestures. It suits my purposes pretty well - to recognize American Sign Language (ASL) fingerspelling. Now I'm working on increasing the accuracy - It mistakes the fist gesture for a full pinch (repurposed as "flat_o" for ASL).

My guess - the iteration through the gestures does not give the BEST match, but the first or the last match. I'll work the code and see what I can figure out.

0 Kudos
Scott_W_1
Beginner

It appears that EnableAllGestures() took care of it. I recompiled in VisualStudio. It works perfectly now.

0 Kudos