Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Hardware in the F200

Yiannis_C_
Beginner

Hello, 
could someone please direct me to the hardware specifications of the camera (i.e. photoconductive or thermal infrared camera, wavelength of the laser projector and so on )? 

Thank you in advance

0 Kudos
6 Replies
samontab
Valued Contributor II

I don't think that information is publicly available.

Have a look here for some information about the projected pattern:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/537872

0 Kudos
Yiannis_C_
Beginner

Hi, 
i have actually ran across your thread while i was searching for information - good job btw. Basically what i am interested in is some information that could help me define and refine some noise models for filtering purposes.

Thank you for the reply, 

BR

0 Kudos
Sergio_J__C_
Beginner

At the moment there is not even a way to ask the device

0 Kudos
Yiannis_C_
Beginner

Sergio J. C. wrote:

At the moment there is not even a way to ask the device

We can go through a PXCMCapture.Device object and query hardware settings though. (like LaserPower , exposure, contrast and so on)

0 Kudos
Niclas_S_
Beginner

Hi everyone,

a year has passed since the last entry. So I would like to pick up the topic again.

Currently I am working with the Intel RealSense f200 and wonder if there are any precise hardware specifications of the camera known now.

Beside the description of Samontab
[https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/realsense/topic/537872]
I would really appreciate it if someone could provide me further details on specifications like wavelength, power consumption of the laser projector or the different patterns that are used.

Furthermore is the RealSense camera using time-of-flight or structured light?

Thanks in advance.

Niclas

0 Kudos
samontab
Valued Contributor II

Niclas,

F200, and SR300 both use structured light.

R200 uses passive IR stereo, plus an IR light for when it is dark, or there is a lack of texture in the object.

No RealSense device that I've seen so far uses time-of-flight, which for example the Kinect 2 uses.

Not sure there is public data on the precise hardware specifications.

0 Kudos