Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Haswell NUC Prizes

Nikolay_S_1
Beginner

Have the Haswell NUC prizes for 1st Phase top demos already been awarded?

0 Kudos
52 Replies
Navid_N_
Beginner

Today I received my NUC :)

A label on the device says: The Windows 8.1 pro OS is installed on this system requires a product key (MSDN or Retail) to activate.

Does it mean that I should buy windows 8.1?

0 Kudos
leon_m_
Beginner
Congratulations to the winners. I must say though I am disappointed that intel didn't email everyone whether the feedback was positive or negative. Also I think I feel slightly on the back foot. if my idea isnt considered to be one of the top 250 then what chances are there that my app could win? It would.have been nice to see how they scored the ideas so that you could perhaps know where your idea could be improved.
0 Kudos
Carles_V_
Beginner

Today I received mine! I'm like a child with a new toy :-p

Navid N. wrote:
A label on the device says: The Windows 8.1 pro OS is installed on this system requires a product key (MSDN or Retail) to activate.

Does it mean that I should buy windows 8.1?

Yes, it comes with windows 8.1 installed, and you (we) only need to activate it.

Bye!

0 Kudos
Navid_N_
Beginner

Carles V. wrote:

Yes, it comes with windows 8.1 installed, and you (we) only need to activate it.

Carles, Thanks for your response.

My device has Windows 8.1 Pro. I think for activating it I should buy Windows 8.1 Pro. Is it correct? or Intel give us activation code?

0 Kudos
Carles_V_
Beginner

I'm not sure!

After playing a while with the NUC, now it says that is activated (but some times it says that is not activated). It's just Windows ......

But, I could install the SDK and drivers, and the camera is working :-)

0 Kudos
HexLord
Beginner

Hi,

I too received my NUC. It's great.

Thanks Intel for this awesome Christmas gift.

I got it up and running.

However, Windows 8.1 pro is preinstalled but not activated. When I tried to activate it , it says" The product key is already in use on another PC".

Did anyone see the same ?

It seems we need to buy a license key.

Can anyone from Intel guide us on this?

PS: The NUC comes with all the components needed to fire it up. Amazing...! ! !

Thanks,

Shaleen

0 Kudos
Navid_N_
Beginner

Shaleen S. wrote:

It seems we need to buy a license key.

I have the same problem and I've asked it from intel by email and now waiting for their response.

0 Kudos
Pruthviraj_N_
Beginner

It was an unexpected delivery for me when i got my NUC! :)

Awesome gift! I was struggling to get a USB 3.0 for my Camera and delayed my demo submission.

But this NUC got four of them!! Cant wait to play with my app.

Thanks a lot Intel! hope i make best use of it.

0 Kudos
Carles_V_
Beginner

I don't know how I did, but now my NUC says that it's activated :-p

And the camera (and all the samples) worked at the first try without any problem.

Thanks Intel :-)

0 Kudos
Navid_N_
Beginner

I asked Intel® RealSense™ App Challenge 2014 officials by email about activation of Windows 8.1 Pro on NUC gifts:

"The Windows 8.1 Pro that is installed on this system requires a product key to activate. does it mean that I should buy a Windows 8.1 Pro from Microsoft to activate the OS?"

and received the following answer:

"Yes.  Windows 8.1 is not provided as part of the NUC.  If you already have purchased it for another computer, that license is able to also be used for the NUC."

0 Kudos
simsam7
Beginner

I haven't heard anything from Intel... Would really like to know either way... 

0 Kudos