Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Help documentation

fluxion
Beginner
Since I upgrated from 6.0 to 6.1 I cannot get at the help for system routines such as GetCurrentDirectory. I simply get an insert CD message that is looking for a 6.1 CD and will not recognise my 6.0 CD. I have tried and failed browse on this option.
Any ideas?
Thank You
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Please do this. Copy all of the files in the INFODOC folder (but not its subfolders) from your 6.0 CD to the Program FilesMicrosoft Visual StudioDF98DOC folder on your hard disk. Rerun the 6.1 upgrade. This should solve the problem.

Steve
0 Kudos
fluxion
Beginner
Steve,
Thank you for your help. It worked but one other question please. Where should I have discovered this from so I didn't have to ask you ? I am sure it is written somewhere I haven't discovered yet.
Thank You
Caroline
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Caroline,

There's no place you could have found out other than asking. This problem wasn't supposed to happen, but it turns out to be more difficult than I thought to do a "proper" update of the online documentation when some of the manuals are being referenced from CD. I *THINK* that the 6.5 upgrade does it right, but even there I've had a couple of complaints like yours.

I suppose I should add a knowledge base article about this. Sorry that you had to go through the problem. I'll note that as of 6.1, the "typical" installation installs all the manuals to the hard disk - before that, the Win32 documentation was left on the CD.

Steve
0 Kudos