Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

How badly are Unity3D web apps sandboxed when running in IE 9 or better?

Robert_Oschler
Beginner

I have been doing all my work with the Intel RealSense camera as a Windows desktop app.  There is a new project coming along that may need to be a Unity 3D app running inside of Internet Explorer 9 or better, using the Unity 3D web container, which I believe is an ActiveX control.

The app will need to do face recognition and analysis, and user segmentation (background subtraction), so I will need direct access to the user's camera via the browser, at the bitmap level so I can pass the bitmaps to the face and user segmentation APIs, and also to do WebRTC based video conferencing using the video stream after the the background image has been removed.

So two big questions:

- Can a Unity 3D web app running in IE access the RealSense camera and the RealSense SDK?

- Can a Unity 3D web app running in IE get access to the camera's video stream at the frame/bitmap level?

Robert.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

This piece I wrote about using the Unity Web Player with RealSense may be helpful to you Robert, as it contains links to online Intel documentation about running RealSense in a browser.

https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/550715

It is not something that I myself have managed to get working yet but as Intel have provided documentation for it, it must be possible somehow.

0 Kudos
Robert_Oschler
Beginner

Thanks Marty.  Hopefully someone from Intel will chime in here soon.

Robert

0 Kudos