Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

How can I build custom Android ROM for Dell Venue 8 (3840) with Intel System Studio as indicated in FAQs?

Clive_W_
Beginner

Hi,

I've downloaded and installed the Intel System Studio 2015 Update 1, and am now trying to build an ROM image for the Dell Venue 8 (model 3840 - Merrifield), and I just don't see any reference to how to build this full OS image. Am I missing something here? Was expecting the System Studio install to include the MDK per the FAQ tab on this page: https://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-mobile-development-kit-for-android#pid-24604-2130 

Anyone any ideas what I'm missing?

Clive

0 Kudos
26 Replies
Sergio_J__C_
Beginner

I not tried the Intel System Studio, maybe is good moment, excellent comments

0 Kudos
Amr_O_
Beginner

can anyone help us building lenovo K900 kernel , we are missing defconfig file

0 Kudos
Kevin_R_
Beginner

T K. wrote:

Well, I have just today got back into compiling AOSP, and have had great success I can compile 4.4.4 and 5.0.2 only 4.4.4 boots cause no access to lollipop kernel, any way 4.4.4 is up and running, just needed to add more files to my build, have added even more after build for stability.

My tablet is a 3830, intel why don't you release a lollipop kernel and source for 3830, so we can build our own 5.0.2 rom, you guys don't want to update anything so just give us what we need and we will update ourselves.

My working rom is built from 4.4.4_r2.0.1, I had to use another drive to build it, as only 1.6 java can be used, I use 1.7 on my main build machine, so had to setup a completely different environment

Your rom for the venue 8 3830 will be available to download and test? and are you planning to build a android 5.0 rom for this device?

0 Kudos
Mr__M
Beginner

[Need Help For Porting Cyanogenmod To Dell Venue 7 3740 LTE]

Hi there !

As iam Trying to port a cyanogenmod for my dell venue 7 3740 lte varients as i have already have the [CM11 "Source Code Downloaded"] But i cant get the datas of [Boot.img, ramdisk.img , recoevry.img ] bcoz they play vital role while developing CM...

Why i cant able to extract the [Boot.img using the "split boot.img.Pl" Script as well the others like recovery.img and ramdisk.img]

while extracting they gave a error "android magic is not found on that boot img" blala...

Will You Pls Answer This:

1. Does Intel atom powered tab have any way to get higher version of android [like lollipop,marshmallow] if yes provide the sources links....

2. let me tell how can i extract the [boot.img,ramdisk.img] as i tried may ways but everything gone failed :(

3, As i have tried and grab the Boot.img files of other manufacturers like [Samsung] whic are powerd by arm..

Pls Answer the above question as iam having very bad experience with the stock Dell's Rom [Kitkat] Lags,lags.....

0 Kudos
Jun_H_Intel
Employee

Sorry, I can only answer questions about Android emulator or HAXM. Could anyone else at Intel help Mr. M?

0 Kudos
Mr__M
Beginner

Jun H. (Intel) wrote:

Sorry, I can only answer questions about Android emulator or HAXM. Could anyone else at Intel help Mr. M?

let me tell how can i find "target_arch_variant " of my dell venue 7 LTE. let e i will show an example of zenfone 2 here : arch_varient is SILVERMONT for Zenfone ref: https://www.asus.com/in/Phone/ZenFone_2_ZE551ML/Performance/ in the CPU section you may find the archtecture....

I Wanna Know Which architecure of mines venue 7 lte......

0 Kudos