Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17060 Discussions

How to Launch Your Startup using Android or iOS App

jim_s_3
Beginner

citrusbits.png

A startup launch begins with an idea that innovates human life or makes things easier. Most of the startups try to bring innovative products and services which haven't been offered yet.

The possible idea of a startup that begins as an app can't be underestimated---Because, there are hundreds of examples that began with the just smartphone apps and turned out to be profitable companies.

Entrepreneurs' biggest dream is to make their companies or bring new ideas to life---Now the mobile applications have opened the space for those entrepreneurs.

What is a Startup?

A Startup is an innovative product or service based new company which is launched as an average company under the small or mid-sized scale business category.

The startup has now been assumed as a new entrepreneurial idea which has never been seen in the market yet.

Why an App based startup?

Android and iOS are the biggest mobile operating systems in the world, followed by Windows Phone and BlackBerry OS. Most of the mobile app development is being done for Android and iOS.

There are specific elements which make us believe that an app based startup can be a possibility. Take a look:

To Meet Technologically Aware Audience

Whenever a startup that is based on an app is launched, it attracts the audience. People with smartphones somehow find out about those apps through different means.

Most of the people who keep an eye on the technological updates - They follow tech blogs and technology news to find what Apple, Samsung, and other electronic manufacturers have to offer.

For instance, Jeni Axline got an idea of a mom-advice startup when she became a mother, and she launched a startup Parenthood to help new parents. The idea was based on the advice, interaction, and ideas to the new parents.

A Chance to Get a Wider User base

One of the perks of launching an app based startup is, you have a chance to get a wider range of users without doing much - People will market you themselves if they like your product.

It happens. Haven't you referred a cool iPhone app to anyone?

We all do.

Uber, Meerkat, and Snapchat are the examples of this element. Once you come with an attractive idea with your app or game, all you need is initial push, it could be advertising, media coverage, or anything related to online promotion, once the process begins, people start promoting it unintentionally, only if they like it.

Virality of App on the Internet

Virality factor is one of the strongest points to justify an app based startup idea. Things always go viral on the internet.

Did you remember Flappy Bird? It was estimated that it earned almost $10,000 a day.

You must have heard about Temple Run game? This game actually introduced the concept of running games.

Virality is probably one of the reasons why many startup owners think to base their startup idea on an application.

Social Media for Popularity

Once you get popular on social media, you won't need anything else. Thanks to the social media websites like Facebook and Twitter where resharing factor is extremely important, and the concept of the resharing actually triggers brands, products, or ideas to get popular.

It's natural and interesting. The best thing about social media sharing is, you can't really force this. Once people like something, they will naturally share with their friends or followers.

How to Launch an App based Startup?

App development can bring great results. What needs to be taken care is how you execute the plan. There are four basic steps to start an app based startup:

Step #1: Bring the Best Idea for an App

The idea matters. Think a couple of times before finalizing the idea. The concept should be new, entertaining, and helpful for the audience. It might not help you if you start competing with free text messaging and calling services like WhatsApp, Viber, Tango, Line, and WeChat. They are already there and dominating globally. You won't be able to beat them unless you bring something new and additional in your free text messaging and calling app.

Step #2: Create a Solution for People

People like things that make their lives easier. Your app based startup should truly give some solution to the people's problems. For instance, Google Fit is an android app from google to keep your fitness record and health management system on the go. It's a different app and it would help people to make things better in their real life.

It doesn't necessarily mean that it should be health and fitness-related app to help people in real life.

Microsoft Office Mobile makes your office work easier when you can work on your smartphone or tablet. Polaris Office is another office related android app to work on the doc, docx, and txt files.

These were the good examples to explain how the utility of an app helps any android or iOS app to get success. An app based startup's success completely relies on the success of the app.

Step #3: Platforms to Consider

Normally most of the startups that consider an app based startup, they begin either with an iOS app or an android app - Once they get through with their first edition/platform, they move to the others. Many apps get released just for iOS or Android, once they make little impact in the tech industry, they roll on the other platforms like Windows Phone, BlackBerry etc.

For example, Meerkat was initially released on iPhone, and later on it was made available to Android.

Step #4: Team Selection to Develop that App

The selection of team would play a big role in your app's success. Once you decide to hire an app developer, make sure he/she has the ability and caliber to read your idea and expectation. Many app startups get outsourcing service from app development companies.

CitrusBits is an experienced mobile app development agency which offers high-quality, effective, and affordable iOS and Android app development service.

Your Part

Digging out the right idea and hiring the right people to execute your app development program will surely help you to get through.

What else would you do to make your app based startup a reality?

https://citrusbits.com/

0 Kudos
19 Replies
Quoc-Thai_L_Intel

Thanks for sharing.  -Thai

0 Kudos
Armansyah_T_
Beginner

an inspiring article for people who want to build their start up, nice sharing.

0 Kudos
Derp_K_
New Contributor I

Great topic

0 Kudos
Khalil_S_
Beginner

Nice Article . 

0 Kudos
SevenAtoms_Inc
Beginner

Hi Jim, things you have stated above are really impressive and useful in launching an app for a startup. Most of the influencers you mentioned above made their app successful not only based on their innovative ideas but also through perfect mobile marketing strategy. 

0 Kudos
RBang
New Contributor II

Great read!
Another point to be considered is the versatility one gets while creating an app based startup. Take the example of WeChat.
They started as a simple IM based app and redeveloped their app to now make it a one stop solution for sharing ideas/content, buying/selling stuff, getting services (dog cleaner, car cleaner, etc) and lots more.

0 Kudos
Apps_A_1
Beginner

Nice Article

We are AppsArmy and we are giving free consultation to startup companies and help them developing their applications. 

We develop android and ios applications

Thanks

AppsArmy

0 Kudos
Karan_K_
Beginner

Thanks for this wonderful post, I like it a lot, I also want to develop my own app like Snapchat Login.

0 Kudos
Micheals__Kate
Beginner

Hi Jim, you shared very informative topic. I also build new set up for my android app development at: https://www.jouple.com/android-application-development-company/ and I also agree with your all points but according to my experience, you must have honest and experienced software development team, innovative ideas and resources to run a perfect software house setup. 

0 Kudos
Solutions__Witgie

Hi Jim, things you have stated above are really impressive and useful in launching an app for a startup. Most of the influencers you mentioned above made their app successful not only based on their innovative ideas but also through perfect digital marketing strategy. 

0 Kudos
tripathi__ankush
Beginner

Hello Jim, very great topic shared. I am working with android development company this ideas are very beneficial to me. very great job. keep sharing this great article. very thankful to you for this great article. if anyone wants more information on this topic kindly visit:https://crbtech.in/online-android-training-course

0 Kudos
gg__sonam
Beginner

Great post, thank you for sharing.

0 Kudos
cameron__jones
Beginner

Yes, mobile software development is one of trending one's and you need to market as well site in order to succeed with your app.

0 Kudos
Shetty__Anna
Beginner

This is very good, it will be on my saved recipes list. I feel it is interesting
driving directions

0 Kudos
Murphy__Shaun
Beginner

Hey Jim,

I feel very happy reading your post for Startups. Very detailed and east to understand. I agree with many of your points too.
But I think before any startup plans for setting up a business first they should do a good research of the market, why?

Startups now a days are growing in the market like mushrooms. But some do good business, some have to shut it.

The first thing a startup should do before planning for anything else is do a good research about the market and the needs of people for whom you will be releasing a product or service. Try to plan a business around it so that the setup will be successful. Then you can think of better mobile apps.

I have worked at AppsChopper for more then 6 years now, I have witnessed many such cases of shutting down of early startups. We have been catering to the requirements of our clients based in New York, US since 8 years. We provide the best web and mobile app development service still our hard work goes waste sometimes. The question is why ?

We provide the best solution's according to the clients requirement but the goal of client with the apps most of the time remains unclear. They get it developed from us and when they release it in the market where either they have heavy competition and they don't survive or areas where people are not looking for such apps at all. :( 

This leaves us heartbroken manier times. Though we get paid in full from the client but this type of scenario do impact us when our hard work fails to establish a company though we did our 100%.

I hope I made myself clear !!

Cheers
Shaun Murphy. :)

0 Kudos
Jones__Henry
Beginner

I m currently using Unity Engine for developing the games and apps. Its very good and easy to learn. Though I wasn't from a technical background but I'm doing coding these days. 

Henry Jones

https://www.godissertationhelp.co.uk/

0 Kudos
Adams__Mike
Beginner

If you want to develop an android app then i will suggest you App Maisters which is the best android app development company in USA

0 Kudos
IPmedia1
Beginner

It depends on the startup which kind of services they are providing. apps like uber, grofers, bookmyshow, etc they all are earning with the app only.

0 Kudos
Patel__Happy
Beginner

Very informative article. Some of the new growing business making their own on-demand mobile app to grow their business, they also make things easier. I had been reading about this topic and read another blog which I found quite useful. It cleared many of my doubts.

If anybody else needs an easy read, I am sharing here the article that is about the important steps you need to follow, in order to build a startup business plan for your mobile app development idea.

0 Kudos