Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

How to export depth data from a RealSense photo

tim_d_2
Beginner

Hello, 

I recently got a Dell Venue 8 7000 tablet with the RealSense camera.  Ideally, I'd like to find a way to create a 3D model with this camera, but there are no existing apps that can do this.   My second best option would be to export the depth data.  Is there a way to do this?  

Thanks.  

-Tim

0 Kudos
6 Replies
tim_d_2
Beginner

Following up....anyone have any ideas on how best to do this, or if it's possible?  

Thanks

0 Kudos
Xusheng_L_Intel
Employee

The RealSense SDK did not support Dell Venue 8 7000 tablet. 

0 Kudos
tim_d_2
Beginner

Thanks David.  Do you know if there's another way to export depth data from a photo taken with the Dell Venue tablet?  

0 Kudos
Thomas_5207
New Contributor I

tim d. wrote:

Following up....anyone have any ideas on how best to do this, or if it's possible?  

Thanks

If you can use OpenCV, I convert my depth stream images into an OpenCV mat. I then save that to a lossless file format and load it in elsewhere.

0 Kudos
Alejandro_S_Intel1

Hi, can you find the way to export the depth images? I am also looking how to export them. I am working on windows, and there is a tool called "Clip Editor", but it always fails and it looks like is exporting only the color images. Regards

0 Kudos
samontab
Valued Contributor II

You could get the depth images, convert them to OpenCV and then save them as png files for example.

0 Kudos