Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

How to make sure my Android app runs on Intel phones?

med_anouar_hammami

can you tell me What steps should I take to make sure my app runs fine on such Intel-powered devices?

Note:I don't have such a phone to perform tests.

0 Kudos
18 Replies
Mohamed_Ali_A_
Beginner

If your app runs on Android-x86 that will be a pretty clear indicator it will run on an Intel CPU. You can simply install it with VirtualBox or other VM host. :)

0 Kudos
Mohamed_Khalil_ZENDA

You can install intel SDK on your IDE, and test your app with it, and ther you will be sure that the app will perfom well on phones with intel architecture !

Google it for more informatiosn ;) 

Note: There you will find the steps to install intel SDK on your laptop :

http://www.developer.com/ws/android/development-tools/haxm-speeds-up-the-android-emulator.html

0 Kudos
PONRAM
Beginner

just test on emulator

0 Kudos
Raghavendr_U_Intel

All you need is Intel processor and Intel x86 Emulator Accelerator (HAXM). you can install later from your SDK Manager

0 Kudos
Raghavendr_U_Intel

and offcourse you need Intel andriod USB driver.

0 Kudos
nakhli__m_
Beginner

hi anouar *

you can  install HAXM

for more information and how to install visit this link: http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/installation-instructions-for-intel-hardware-accelerated-execution-manager-microsoft

0 Kudos
Hyrulia
Beginner

If your app is working on emulator then it should be working on device.

0 Kudos
Mohamed_helmi_b_
Beginner

all you need it's intel x86 emulator

0 Kudos
Sunil_V_
Beginner

Prepare an imulator with config

0 Kudos
Ashwin_S_Ashok
Beginner

Hyrulia

We cant gurantee that...i am an android developer some times there are problems with emulator and devices.

0 Kudos
Ashwin_S_Ashok
Beginner

better try bluestacks it will give...output like in real device..

0 Kudos
JLuna5
New Contributor I

Hi, you might to use android eclipse plugin for emulate android os.

0 Kudos
shadab_khatib
Beginner

Hello,

Have a look at the Android SDK Manager's AVD creation options

In the android SDK Manager there is an option for creating an AVD with your own configuration, so lookup the configuration you are trying to test your application upon and set the the settings exactly. 

It also includes the option for changing the Hardware features like GPU and CPU emulated versions in it's features, which gives you the option for Intel Atom x86 CPU if and only if you have downloaded the Intel x86 Atom System Image of your respective Android sdk version.

The CPU options are available to those devices for which you have the Android images for i.e. the items enlisted under each Android versions.

Hope this answers some part of your query.

0 Kudos
Kishor_D_
New Contributor I

Hi,

Install x86 emulator. Refer following link

http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-atom-x86-image-for-android-ice-cream-sandwich-installation-instructions-manually/.

Create AVD for x86 and run apk on this AVD. If app runs on this emulator then it will run on intel phone

0 Kudos
Ashwin_S_Ashok
Beginner

try to run your app  on intel x86 emulator...

0 Kudos
Mark_L_Intel1

I hope everyone answer his questions correctly but I am thinking what if his question is,

Assuming his app is deployed from Play Store to a device, what are the steps to decide if the device is a x86 device?

0 Kudos
Alexander_W_Intel

Mark Liu (Intel) wrote:

I hope everyone answer his questions correctly but I am thinking what if his question is,
Assuming his app is deployed from Play Store to a device, what are the steps to decide if the device is a x86 device?

For developing NDK based applications I wrote an article some time ago: http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/getting-started-on-optimizing-ndk-project-for-multiple-cpu-architectures

If you want to check it for some reasons on Java you can use the following code:
[java]String arch = System.getProperty("os.arch");[/java]

The Android OS itself queries the architecture a little bit different as you can see for example in the Build.java file:
[java]
    /** The name of the instruction set (CPU type + ABI convention) of native code. */
    public static final String CPU_ABI = getString("ro.product.cpu.abi");

/** The name of the second instruction set (CPU type + ABI convention) of native code. */
    public static final String CPU_ABI2 = getString("ro.product.cpu.abi2");
[/java]

Hope this answers your question!

Alex

0 Kudos