Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

How to prevent emulator from showing dialog boxes and stop execution

Igor_F_1
Beginner

Hello,

Here is a screenshot of emulated altert() dialog box as it appears on my computer.

I don't know if there is any option to prevent emulated application from showing more boxes.

Once I alt-tabbed I cant even show window of the XDK, just dialog box and previously showed application in a background.

While I had interface of the application drawn, no buttons, tabs or other clickable objects reacted because emulated dialog box was modal.

THX

intelsdk.jpg

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Barry_Johnson
New Contributor I

Are you saying that your code ended up in an endless loop displaying alert boxes and you are wondering if the emulator has an option to stop displaying the alert dialog such as you have in browsers?

I don't believe so, the feature is there in browsers to protect users from bad code from others. In the emulator we are on our own with our own code. :-)

0 Kudos
Igor_F_1
Beginner

It was an endless loop of dialog boxes and yes I expect the functionality because it is there in browsers but also because half of the dialog was hidden. I assumed there was an option that was not showing.

Talking of the half of dialog box being hidden, is this only on my PC or others as well. I use default DPI settings so dialog boxes should appear fine...

0 Kudos