Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

How to regenerate certificate

Jonas1
Beginner

Hi there!

Long time I don't build any app. I had to fix something today and after I update to Intel XDK 3240 I messed up my certificate. I created a new one and build my application, but I am unable to publish it at Google store that complains about the certificate. Who can help me? Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

What do you mean by you "messed up" your converted certificate? Is the converted certificate still in your cert management console? If so, you can use it. If not, and you downloaded it, you can import it from the copy you downloaded, into the cert management tool.

0 Kudos
Jonas1
Beginner

Hi Paul!

After I download the new XDK 3240 it forced me to change my password. I did that and try to build the app and it asked me to create a certificate, then built , I created but when upload to google play store I got the following message:

Upload failed

You uploaded an APK that is signed with a different certificate to your previous APKs. You must use the same certificate. Your existing APKs are signed with the certificate(s) with fingerprint(s):

[ SHA1: XX:XX:XX....]
and the certificate(s) used to sign the APK you uploaded have fingerprint(s):
[ SHA1: ZZ:ZZ:ZZ...]

So what should I do?

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

The XDK won't force you to change your password. It's possible that the signin.intel.com service wanted you to change your password, but what is more likely is that you logged in with a different or new account and you are not using your original XDK account. Especially if you saw no "conversion of certificate" message, which implies that you are now using a new account.

For debugging, you should try logging into https://signin.intel.com with what you believe your old account userid or email address is and confirm that your old password still works there. This is where the XDK goes to log you in, as well as how the forum logs you into the system.

0 Kudos
Jonas1
Beginner

Hi Paul!

I have only one account; I went to https://signin.intel.com and I must use the new password to log in.

I dont see "conversion of certificate" that is the reason that I think I have messed up... ...any idea how to fix? Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Jonas -- we can check your account to see if a certificate was already converted. If so, we can "unconvert" it so you can try again. If there is no old certificate to convert, it means you must have had another account. Did you view this video, which shows where and how to convert a legacy cert? > https://software.intel.com/en-us/videos/upgrading-an-existing-intel-xdk-project-to-version-3088 < there is no audio, just a short video.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Jonas -- we checked your account and have reset the conversion bit so you can convert again. Please make a copy of your certificate and save it someplace safe. There is no reason to delete the certificate from the certificate manager, even if you download it. Also, do not forget the password you assign to that certificate, we do not keep the password!!!

0 Kudos
Jonas1
Beginner

Hi Paul!

How are you doing?

All done Thanks sooooooooooooooooooooooo much.  :)

0 Kudos