Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Howto detect which push notification user has clicked

Alper_B_
New Contributor I

Hello,

I have an XDK app and i'm sending push notifications to the clients using parse.com and it works good.

My purpose is detecting if the user has opened the application directly or by clicking a push notification from the notifications tray. 

For example:

1 - A push notification arrives at the users phone

2 - User clicks this push notification and my app opens up.

3 - At this point I should detect if the user has clicked a push notification and which one he/she clicked.

Any ideas? 

Best regards,
Alper Barkmaz

0 Kudos
3 Replies
John_H_Intel2
Employee

You will have to check with parse.com. They probably have an API that you can use that will allow you to send notifications with a querystring attached and then the app can check that and do logic based on what it finds.

0 Kudos
Alper_B_
New Contributor I

Hello John,

Well, from my app i can understand which push notifications have been sent.

BUT my requirement is different.

I need to learn, if the user has landed to my application by clicking one of the push notifications android/ios notifications list, or he directly launched the app.

for example,

He turns on his phone. Sees 5 notifications has come for my app. Clicks one of them from his lock screen. Phone launches my app. At the startup of my app, i need to find out, which push notification he clicked.  This is nothing to do with the parse i guess.

Best regards,
Alper

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

I am not that familiar with parse, so without doing the research, I cant be a ton of help.

One push provider that does seem to have exactly what you want is pushwoosh, I have tested their stuff in the past and found it pretty simple to setup/use.

http://docs.pushwoosh.com/docs/send-push

0 Kudos