Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

IDF17 in San Francisco

GCarl3
Beginner

When will tickets go on sale for IDF17? I want to get tickets before the price goes too high! Help!!     

http://idf2017sanfrancisco.com/

0 Kudos
10 Replies
gaston-hillar
Valued Contributor I

George,

In the previous years, early bid pricing promotions for IDF San Francisco were available in June.

0 Kudos
gaston-hillar
Valued Contributor I

George,

Unluckily, Intel has cancelled IDF San Francisco. The following link is the official Intel announcement: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/intel-developer-forum-idf/san-francisco/2017/idf-2017-san-francisco.html

0 Kudos
gaston-hillar
Valued Contributor I

I will definitely miss Intel Developer Forum.

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
I've attended four IDFs IDF 2016 Event - 08/2016 - 08/2016 - San Francisco, CA, USA ( 4 days ) IDF 2015 Event - 08/2015 - 08/2015 - San Francisco, CA, USA ( 4 days ) IDF 2013 Event - 09/2013 - 09/2013 - San Francisco, CA, USA ( 5 days ) IDF 2012 Event - 09/2012 - 09/2012 - San Francisco, CA, USA ( 5 days ) I always considered these events as a very valuable source of technical information and an opportunity to meet with Intel Black Belt Software Developers.
0 Kudos
gaston-hillar
Valued Contributor I

Sergey,

I've attended eight IDFs: 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016. It has definitely been my favorite event and I've been able to meet really smart people, including you and many other Intel Black Belt Software Developers and Innovators. I will definitely miss the event and its technical sessions. Some of the discussions and technical sessions inspired me to work on many projects and generated ideas for many books I've written and published. I will definitely miss IDF and I don't know how I will replace this event in my continuous training. I really hope Intel will future events in which they talk about CPUs, compilers, libraries, SDKs and developer tools.

0 Kudos
Brad_K_
Beginner

I'm surprised that Intel has cancelled IDF.  I thought it was a good event and was well attended.

0 Kudos
gaston-hillar
Valued Contributor I

Brad,

Your thoughts are absolutely accurate. IDF was an excellent event. I have more than two decades of experience in the IT industry and I had the chance to attend hundreds of events during this time. Based on my experience, IDF was the most inspiring event for me. In fact, in the last years, IDF had a coverage of a broad range of topics and the labs were outstanding.

I will definitely miss IDF and I do believe, at some time, in the near future, Intel will create another event that will mimic IDF.

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>...I'm surprised that Intel has cancelled IDF. I thought it was a good event and was well attended... We will never know exact reasons why the even was cancelled. But some issues related to travel bans to the US could be a possible reason. If a significantly fewer number of developers, engineers, etc, would come to San Francisco then it doesn't make sense to spend money on the event... I wonder if Oracle will do its own event in September 2017?
0 Kudos
gaston-hillar
Valued Contributor I

August and no IDF 2017... No keynote.

Now, it is necessary to check many events to see announcements made by Intel. I'm missing IDF.

0 Kudos