Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samuel_V_
Beginner

INTEL Realsense SR300 Problems

Hi, I have some Problems with my new camera SR300. I installed the DCM, SDK and the SDK Runtime. In the SDK Browser not all samples are working and I got some errors. The samples often break down and they did not work well. Could anyone tell me waht matter is?

Should I install  some other Drivers/Firmwear? Is my hardware requirment not enough?

Some Prblems and Infos of my system:

Unbenannt_2.JPGUnbenannt.JPGUnbenannt_3.JPGUnbenannt_4.JPGUnbenannt_5.JPG

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Anton_K_2
Beginner

Hi,

your hardware does not meet the minimum requirements.

You have Intel's 4th generation processor installed (codename Haswell). But SR300 requires 6th generation processor (codename Skylake).

Samuel_V_
Beginner

Thanks for your quick answer Anton! So for the Real Sense Camera SR300 for a  Problem-free using it is at least a camera with a processor 6th Generation necessary.

Customer__Intel7
Beginner

I'm interested in this too - the page here https://software.intel.com/en-us/realsense/sr300camera​ says that a 6th generation processor is "recommended", does that mean "required"?

Mike

DKryd
Beginner

i'm running i7 4720HQ on laptop and it works i'd say medium to great. so i do not think right off the bat it is cpu. i'd update the DCM to 3.1.25.2599 and see if that helps. then check back.

Customer__Intel7
Beginner

Thanks Douglas - that's really useful to know.

I've now tried out an SR300 on 3 PCs and I've yet to really get any of them to work properly which is disappointing as I've not had this trouble with the F200 in the past.

I do have the 3.1.25.2599 version of RealSenseDCMSR300.exe - do you know whether my RealSenseDCM.exe should also be at that same version number? I'm unsure of its role with the SR300?

Capture.PNG

Thanks,

Mike.

DKryd
Beginner

control panel shows a different version installed with sdk/sdk runtime.

Customer__Intel7
Beginner

Hi,

Thanks - my control panel shows versions;

Capture.PNG

Does that line up with what you have working? Or...do you have later?

Thanks

Mike

DKryd
Beginner

yes, that is what i have for that sr300. i noticed you have f200 dcm also. have you tried it without that package installed? i'm thinking there might be conflicts but i do not know. however, i f it was me i would take f200 out of the mix.

Customer__Intel7
Beginner

Hi,

Yes, thanks - I do have the F200 bits installed. I will try removing them but I'm unsure whether they are necessary to make the built-in camera on the Surface Book work or not. I'm a bit vague as to how that camera works but I'd like to not break it.

It'd be great if someone from Intel could comment as to what does/doesn't work together here.

Mike

jb455
Valued Contributor II

I have a 4th gen CPU with both the F200 and SR300 DCMs installed and both cameras work fine. I can't really help with your problem but thought I'd let you know that this combination can work!

Customer__Intel7
Beginner

Thanks James - that was useful.

In the end, I've moved to a Surface Pro 3 where I have both F200 and SR300 DCMs installed and the SR300 is working fine on this system.

I have struggled to get it to work on a couple of other systems though including a Surface Book which is a much later spec in terms of the CPUs but I suspect the trouble is something to do with the USB configuration.

Thanks

Mike