Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

IOS build runs in app preview but not on device

Mesack_E_
Beginner

My app builds without any critical errors and  runs without any issues on an android device. The issue I have is it builds on ios without any critical errors and will run in app preview mode, but when I launch the app from an iPhone 6 device I dont get past the splash screen which fades out. My problem is I don't know the best steps to take and find out the issue. Attempting to run the app through remote debugging session in XDK just seems to hang.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Since it runs in App Preview but not on-device I suspect you have a whitelist problem. See this article > https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/cordova-whitelisting-with-intel-xdk-for-ajax-and-launching-external-apps <

0 Kudos
Mesack_E_
Beginner

Thanks, but I've tried changing the whitelist intent and navigation rules to wildcards to be sure that I haven't missed anything and setting content policy directives to allow anything from within the app to run and it builds successfully without any critical errors and runs in app preview on the device. But when I attempt to profile or debug in XDK I get an unknown error or a session timeout error. I can't debug the app in XDK but can run it in app preview. Looking at the build logs I get an error after the command below is initiated on the build server:

Running command: .../cordova_project/platforms/ios/cordova/version 
Command finished with error code 0: .../cordova_project/platforms/ios/cordova/version 

Somehow it does not seem to affect the build, but even so, I dont know what it means or where to begin to find out. I have attached the latest build log. I forgot to mention the app apk file installs and runs on an Android device with no issues and can be debugged and profiled without any problems. Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Mesack -- how big is your built app? There appear to be a lot of images in the build logs you are showing. The size of your IPA may be a problem. I'm assuming you are trying to use the Debug tab with an iOS device? Another way to debug is using weinre. See this video for some help doing that (I recommend using the local weinre install if you can, it tends to be more responsive and reliable):

0 Kudos