Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

IOS orientation stopped after updating to 1878

jason_f_
Beginner

IOS orientation stopped after updating to 1878 a couple of days ago.

My app is locked in portrait mode and wont go into landscape when mobile device is turned. This was working fine until I got the new update. Any one else having this issue? Any fix?

Thanks!!!

CORDOVA CLI VERSION 4.1.2

IOS TARGET VERSION 6

ORIENTATION - default

MY HTML HEAD

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>

<title>HVAC TECHPEDIA</title>
    <meta charset="UTF-8">
    <meta http-equiv="Content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0, maximum-scale=1.0, minimum-scale=1.0, user-scalable=0">

<style>
        @-ms-viewport { width: 100vw ; min-zoom: 100% ; zoom: 100% ; }          @viewport { width: 100vw ; min-zoom: 100% zoom: 100% ; }
        @-ms-viewport { user-zoom: fixed ; min-zoom: 100% ; }                   @viewport { user-zoom: fixed ; min-zoom: 100% ; }
    </style>

<meta name="apple-mobile-web-app-capable" content="yes">
    <meta names="apple-mobile-web-app-status-bar-style" content="black-translucent">

<link href="css/jqeury.mobile.theme.min.css" rel="stylesheet">
    <link href="css/jquery.mobile.icons.min.css" rel="stylesheet">
    <link href="css/jquery.mobile.min.css" rel="stylesheet">

<link href=
    'http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Source+Sans+Pro:300,400,600,700,900,300italic,400italic,600italic,700italic|Oswald:400,700'
    rel='stylesheet' type='text/css'>

<link href="css/font-awesome.min.css" rel="stylesheet">

<script src="js/jquery-2.1.3.min.js"></script>

<script src="js/jquery.mobile-1.4.5.min.js"></script>

<script src="intelxdk.js"></script>
    <script src="cordova.js" id="xdkJScordova_"></script>

<script src="js/app.js"></script>           <!-- for your event code, see README and file comments for details -->
    <script src="js/init-app.js"></script>      <!-- for your init code, see README and file comments for details -->
    <script src="xdk/init-dev.js"></script>     <!-- normalizes device and document ready events, see file for details -->

<script type="application/javascript" src="js/fastclick.js"></script>
<script type="application/javascript">
window.addEventListener('load', function() {
FastClick.attach(document.body);
}, false);
</script>

</head>

0 Kudos
13 Replies
jason_f_
Beginner

This is in app preview on iOS 8.2 on iPhone 6. 

0 Kudos
luis_l_
Beginner

App preview does nor work for me at all in landscape mode with ios 8.1 and 8.2

0 Kudos
jason_f_
Beginner

luis l. wrote:

App preview does nor work for me at all in landscape mode with ios 8.1 and 8.2

Ok so it's not just me then!

0 Kudos
Soluna
Beginner

I have this problem too. :-(

To reproduce the error just do this:

1. Create a new project based on a Sample and Demos template (in XDK) E.g. Missile Command (it has landscape as orientation)

2. Use the Test feature in XDK on a iOS device (e.g. an iPhone) and the App Preview app.

3. When the games runs on your iPhone it is shown in portrait (no matter in what orientation you are holding you phone).

I wonder how to report this critical bug to the XDK team?

0 Kudos
jason_f_
Beginner

Still not rotating to landscape view in version 1912. What gives? Anyone from Intel know? Back to version 1826 yet again...

0 Kudos
Swati_S_Intel1
Employee

Hello,

I was able to reproduce the issue. We are looking into it. Thanks for your patience.

Swati

0 Kudos
jason_f_
Beginner

Further testing appears that the issue is on Iphone 4, 5, 6, 6plus issue. Seems ok on android 4.3 and Ipad 1 with ios 8.1. Possibly some sort of viewport/detection issue?

0 Kudos
Neil_F_Intel1
Employee

There was a bug in the orientation support in App Preview 2.2. It just didn't work. This is fixed in App Preview 2.3, released in the iOS App Store on April 10. Using App Preview 2.3, rotation works just fine with almost all of these samples.

The exception is that at least some of the sample games, such as Missile Command, still do not rotate properly in App Preview 2.3. However, Missile Command, at least, does not rotate properly when built and installed as an app on the iPhone, either, so at this point, there does not appear to be an App Preview problem..

We are still investigating why orientation does not work as expected in the game samples..

- Neil

0 Kudos
jason_f_
Beginner

Hey Neil.

Still no orientation change on 1912 and app preview 2.3. Removed all css from my project and most JS, (I have 30-40 html files). Could this be an iphone 6 & 6 plus issue?

I get no rotation issues in Xcode 6 running under uiwebview.

update:

I loaded app in holding the phone in landscape. App was in landscape mode. Turned phone for portrait view, screen went into portrait. Then stayed locked in portrait

0 Kudos
Swati_S_Intel1
Employee

Hello Jason, Did you try other projects (start with layout templates or demo apps)? Does orientation work for those projects? At our end we are able to reproduce issue for game templates only, not for other templates and demo apps (on App Preview 2.3) and we are looking into it. Please try out 1 or 2 layout templates and let us know how it works on your iPhone 6.

Swati

0 Kudos
ANTÔNIO_C_
Beginner

Hello Jason,

I've got the same problem on my iPhone. Have you got any solution ? Could you help me ?

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Antonio, please see if this thread helps: https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-xdk/topic/596405

0 Kudos
Swati_S_Intel1
Employee

The bug that was affecting the orientation has been fixed. With Cordova CLI 5.1.1 the orientation should work, however when you select "default" it falls back to device's default orientation which is "portrait" for iPhone and "free" for iPad. To have both iPhone and iPad rotate freely, you would have to make this change in intelxdk.config.additions.xml file.

<platform name="ios">
        <preference name="Orientation" value="all" />
    </platform>

0 Kudos