Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17060 Discussions

IOS plugin issues with 1878

FP
Beginner

Hi there,

I updated to 1878 yesterday and ever since I am having huge issues on my IOS builds, I have spent 5 hours trying different things but nothing works.

Basically the app fails to load any cordova plugin in IOS because it looks like it cannot find the "require" function - which is part of the cordova.js file. Nothing in my App has changed. The exact js error is "ReferenceError: Can't find variable: require"

I have the cordova.js file inserted in my index.html, as I've had for months, nothing has changed, am I missing something?

I am under a lot of pressure so would appreciate any info or help.

Anyone else with same issues?

Thanks very much in advance,

Regards

FP

0 Kudos
7 Replies
FP
Beginner

PS: Is it possible to downgrade to the previous version of XDK?

0 Kudos
jason_f_
Beginner

I would like to know if it possible to downgrade XDK, as I am having issues as well.

0 Kudos
FP
Beginner

On further investigation, I get a different error after a full build than in App Preview. On a full IOS build, I get an error about xdk.cache - I checked the project.xdk file and noticed that the "selectedState" is "Excluded" for the cache plugin despite having selected the Cache plugin in the project settings, is this causing an issue?

"id": "intel.xdk.cache",
"selectedState": "Excluded"

Rgds

FP

0 Kudos
FP
Beginner

Update: problem solved on full IOS build by deselecting then reselecting the intel cache plugin in project settings. However still unable to get App Preview working on IOS.

0 Kudos
Swati_S_Intel1
Employee

Before you push the files onto the server, check if selectedstate is "Included" for cache plugin.

Swati

0 Kudos
FP
Beginner

Hi Swati

Yes by unchecking and rechecking the cache plugin in projects page the IOS build is now OK, but still unable to debug using app preview on iOS (ok on Android) - getting this error about "Can't find variable: required" in the plugins. It looks like the cordova.js is not loading?

Regards

FP

0 Kudos
Swati_S_Intel1
Employee

Hi FP,

Could you please send your project zip file?

Thanks,

Swati

0 Kudos