Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Illegal Invocation error on Mac

PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

This issue is under investigation and appears to only affect Mac users. Current theory is that it is due to some problems during upgrade.

To help us resolve this issue, please attach a copy of your xdk.log file when this happens, using the following steps:

• exit the XDK when you get the "illegal invocation" error
  • make a copy of the xdk.log file that is located here > ~/Library/Application\ Support/XDK/xdk.log
  • (e.g., open terminal window, then "cd ~/Library/Application\ Support/XDK/", then "cp xdk.log ~/Desktop")
  • attach that xdk.log file to a post on this thread, using the "Attach Files to Post" link below the edit window

If you are experiencing this issue, please try the following to see if it resolves the issue for you:

• Completely uninstall all versions of the Intel XDK from your system. If you performed an upgrade from an older version you may still have an "old" version as well as a "new" version installed on your system (the installer changed resulting in a new install location, so "old" versions do not always get uninstalled).

• See these instructions > https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/faqs/general#uninstall-xdk < for instructions on how to completely uninstall the XDK and any supporting folders and files.

• It is important that you remove /Applications/Intel XDK.app as well as /Applications/Intel XDK/Intel XDK.app from your system.

Then reinstall the latest version of the Intel XDK.

Please report on this thread if the above resolved the problem for you!

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Danish_K_
Beginner

xdk.og after Illegal Invocation error on Mac

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Danish -- thank you for that xdk.log file. Definitely some useful messages in there. I've forwarded to engineering.

ALL -- please attach the same if you experience this issue, we need as many clues as possible to resolve this issue.

0 Kudos
Davis__Andrew
Beginner

I don't have a xdk.log file on my Mac.  I searched for the directory listed above as well as searched the hard drive.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Davis, Andrew wrote:

I don't have a xdk.log file on my Mac.  I searched for the directory listed above as well as searched the hard drive.

You definitely have an xdk.log file. Unfortunately, there were a few typos in that post, that I've fixed, which may have made it hard to find:

• open a terminal window
  • at the prompt type the following two commands:
$ cd ~/Library/Application\ Support/XDK/
$ cp xdk.log ~/Desktop
  • find the xdk.log file on your Desktop
  • attach it to your post

Note the "$" represents the typical prompt in a terminal window, you'll be typing everything after that.

0 Kudos
Davis__Andrew
Beginner

xdk.log file after illegal invocation error

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Thank you, Andrew -- I've forwarded to engineering.

0 Kudos
Davis__Andrew
Beginner

Hi Paul - FYI - Completely uninstalling old versions and reinstalling the latest seems to have cleared this error for me.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Davis, Andrew wrote:

Hi Paul - FYI - Completely uninstalling old versions and reinstalling the latest seems to have cleared this error for me.

Thanks for that feedback, Andrew. That cleared it up for me, as well.

0 Kudos
Razi_H_
Beginner

xdk.log file after illegal invocation error

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Thank you, Razi. Your file has been forwarded to engineering.

0 Kudos
sasanka_h_
Beginner

Hi Paul,

I want to save a mobile captured image in the phone (saveToPhotoAlbum or another folder) and keep that unique image name somewhere(local storage) for future retrievals.

navigator.camera.getPicture(
                    function (imageURI) {
                        scope.$apply(scope.setReceipt(imageURI));
                    },
                    function (err) {
                        ctrl.$setValidity('error', false);
                        scope.$apply(scope.errorUpload('error'));
                    }, {
                        quality: 50,
                        destinationType: Camera.DestinationType.FILE_URI,
                        correctOrientation: true,
                        saveToPhotoAlbum: true
                    });

My plan was 

Get the image url from following Camera.DestinationType.NATIVE_URI 
it returns - file:///storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.intel.html5tools.apppreview/cache/1503453682327.jpg
image unique id - 1503453682327.jpg

Camera.DestinationType = {
      DATA_URL : 0,      // Return image as base64-encoded string
      FILE_URI : 1,      // Return image file URI
      NATIVE_URI : 2     // Return image native URI (e.g., assets-library:// on iOS or content:// on Android)
  };

And it has saved to Pictures album as well (since I added -  saveToPhotoAlbum: true)
but Picture album name is differ from 1503453682327.jpg it is date_randomnumber.jpg

I want to read this image from Pictures album and load again in later time.

1. How to overcome this name differences -  1503453682327.jpg it is date_randomnumber.jpg
2. How to read from Pictures album (code to access the
Pictures album )?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

sasanka h. wrote:

I want to save a mobile captured image in the phone (saveToPhotoAlbum or another folder) and keep that unique image name somewhere(local storage) for future retrievals.

This question is better dealt with by searching for similar questions under the Cordova StackOverflow tag and through the many blogs written about creating Cordova mobile apps that are available on the Internet. Sorry, but this forum does not have the resources available to provide general mobile programming advice, we are only able to help with Intel XDK product issues.

0 Kudos