Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Inel XDK iOS build returns nothing (just takes me back to the build page)

Vikram_S_
Beginner

Hi, I am trying to build an iOS app for deployment within the firm that I work for (iOS Enterprise Distribution) using Intel XDK. I have attached a screenshot of the iOS Build Options that I am trying to build with. I am using a .p12 file (dist_cert+private_key) from the MacBook that I have used to build a unrelated enterprise-deployment native app. This native app is being used today so I believe the .p12 file should be valid. After I upload the latest XDK project and click on the "Build App Now", the BUILDING screen is shown (screenshot attached). This BUILDING screen runs for approximately 30 seconds and then it exits with no errors - XDK goes back to the same screen that existed before I clicked on the "Build App Now" button (screenshot attached). With nor errors shown on screen I am at a loss to understand how to proceed ahead at this point. For what it's worth - this app runs successfully on an Android tablet and in Intel App Preview (installed on an iPhone 6). Thanks, Vikram

0 Kudos
1 Solution
John_H_Intel2
Employee

Try changing the bundleID to just chars and periods (no *).

You will need to create a new provisioning profile as well.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
John_H_Intel2
Employee

Try changing the bundleID to just chars and periods (no *).

You will need to create a new provisioning profile as well.

0 Kudos
Vikram_S_
Beginner
Thanks for the suggestion John. Created a non-wildcard App ID and generated a new provisioning profile that included this non-wildcard App ID - unfortunately this did not work for me. Do you know if there's a way to see errors that the build server generates? Regards, Vikram
0 Kudos
Anusha_M_Intel1
Employee

Do you know if there's a way to see errors that the build server generates?

The Cordova build has a link to the build log right under the the build failed message. Viewing that (focusing on the end of the log) will help you debug.

0 Kudos
Vikram_S_
Beginner
All, My issue is now resolved. As John suggested, I used an App ID with no *. Did not have to create a new provisioning profile. Thank you for help. Regards, Vikram
0 Kudos