Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Installation issues with Intel Parallel Studio XE Compser 2016 Update 3

Alexander_P_1
Beginner

Hi,

I'm trying to install Intel Parallel Studio XE Composer Edition for Fortran and C++ Linux 2016 Update 3. I've downloaded the new license file (with upgraded serial number) and installed on our license server. In Step 3, I using the option "Use Intel(R) Software License Manager" and enter port@hostname for my license server but get a message "The license server you provided does not have a valid license for this product."

I don't have a premier account as suggested in another thread. How can I get help with installing intel compilers.

Thanks,
Alex

0 Kudos
4 Replies
James_T_Intel

Hi Alexander,

Based on the licenses I see registered to you, you should have access to Intel® Premier Support.  I'm checking that separately.  Let's focus on the license issue first.

Regarding this license, please go through the checklist at https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/checklist-for-installation-and-troubleshooting-intel-flexlm-license-manager.  You can send the necessary debug logs to me directly in a private message.

James.
Intel® Developer Support

0 Kudos
Larry_N_
Beginner

Intel:

I installed my Intel Windows Compiler to D:\Program Files (x86) and not to C:\Program Files (x86) because I have more space on my D: drive.  How do I make the compiler recognize this location?

0 Kudos
James_T_Intel

Larry,

It should be automatically recognized when you run the psxevars.bat script to set the environment variables for your command line.  If you are using Visual Studio, the integration step should recognize where you have installed it and integrate correctly.  If you need additional assistance, please post a new thread in the relevant forum, depending on which compiler you are using:

Intel® Visual Fortran Compiler for Windows*
Intel® C++ Compiler

0 Kudos
James_T_Intel

Alexander, since I have not yet received a reply, I'm going to close this thread.

0 Kudos