I am trying to get this software to work. I have activated and when I put in the Floating License it gives me error saying its a floating License. Then it Provides me a site to go to and resolve the issue well i have gone and did what it says and still having issues. I have tried everything i can think of and still have a floating license with nothing else to activate this software. Also it tells me to go into programs86 folders and go into a couple other folders into a license folder and click on something that is not there so i am lost and cant get this activated. Please help thanks.
- Development Tools
- Intel® License Manager for FLEXlm*
- Intel® Software Development Products Registration Center
I can help you with this. For a floating license you need to install the license server manager, which allows multiple users to access the license. The license manager should be installed on a server that all the users of your license have access to, and does not need to use the same OS as your license. I am not sure what steps you have already done so I will list them from the beginning. This is a quick version of the getting started tutorial.
To install the license manager:
- Go to the Intel Registration Center and sign in. You should see the products you are allowed to download.
- Download the Intel Software License Manager version 2.4 for the OS you want to install on, and the user's guide.
- Click the Intel® Parallel Studio XE Professional Edition for Fortran Windows* link. This will show you your license information.
- Click the link on the right under Admin that says "Manage"
- Click "Modify Host" (edit pencil) and enter the host information for the system that will run the license manager. This includes the host name and host ID, which you can get for a Windows system by opening a command prompt and running hostname and getmac /v. Or ifconfig for Linux.
- Save your changes and resend the license file to your email.
- Put your new license file in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\LicenseServer or /opt/intel/flexlm for Linux.
- Run the Intel Software License Manager you downloaded. For Windows simply run the exe, and for Linux you need to extract the file and run flexlm/Install_INTEL.
- The Windows version should start automatically, and for Linux run lmgrd -c /opt/intel/flexlm/licensename.lic
To install Parallel Studio:
- Copy the license file to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\Licenses.
- This step is recommended but optional: Open the license file with notepad, change the second line to USE_SERVER and delete everything after the second line.
- Run the installer. It should pick up the license file so you can select "use existing activation."
If you have any problems or need clarification, let me know.