Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Installing/using Intel XDK in AD environment?

Hans-Olov_Ö_
Beginner

Hello,

The computer I want to use for XDK (Win7) is connected to a Windows server and I use an Active Directory domain account. However I can't install the XDK when I'm logged in to the domain (I am admin of my account).

If I log in to a local account, I can perform the installation, but then the XDK is not accessible when i log in to the domain account,

Is there a solution or workaround to install and/or access the XDK from my domain account?  It's not a workable solution for me to jump between local and domian accounts.

Thanks /Hasse

0 Kudos
2 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Hasse -- we have a similar setup here in our corporate network, where everyone has an AD account that is used to log into their Windows machines. We are able to install the XDK and use it in this situation. Our AD accounts do have permissions that are roughly equivalent to admin on the local machine (obviously, not on the network), but that should not be required because the XDK installs into a local account directory on the machine (it installs, by default, into %LocalAppData%\XDK) which does not require any special permissions. This is similar to the way Chrome installs into a local account on your system.

• Are you changing the install directory?
  • Is your home directory, when logged into AD, on a different system?
  • Are you able to install Chrome as the AD user?
0 Kudos
Hans-Olov_Ö_
Beginner

Thank's for the reply, Paul.

Your Chrome question is a key - I think I have tracked the problem to a somewhat weird AD configuration. 
We'll try to solve that and try again. I'll post about the outcome.

0 Kudos