Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Intel 82865G Chipset Blit scaling method?

mound
Beginner
My question has to do with what kind of scaling the Intel 82865G Graphics Controller will perform when issued the Blt() command with C++ using DirectX 8.1.
Generally referring to this MSDN Article:
as well as comments in this thread:
specifically:
-------------------
>>Does DirectDraw support Bilinear filtering of stretch blits?
>>If not, is there a reason?

Well, you mean resampling...?
It seems that it depends on the video cards.... Some do the filtering,
some simply resize the pixels, without softening the result.
--------------------
So, what doesthe 82865Gchipset do?
My application is always running on a machine with the Intel 82865G Graphics Controller, and we are using Blt() with DirectX to transfer a 1000x1000 device independant bitmap image into a 250x250 region on screen, and I need to tell my customer "what is happening to the pixels" - my search began in the code, which pointed me to the DirectX Blt() command, to the referenced links above and finally here. I haven't been able to locate any specifics on an abstraction layer on the Intel site, so I'm hoping somebody here knows.
Thanks!
-Paul
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Intel_Software_Netw1

We recommend that you contact an Intel Field Application Engineer (FAE) for assistance with this design inquiry.

If your company has its own Intel representative, you may wish to inquire whether they are able to assist. Your company's Purchasing Department will normally have your Intel representative's contact information. If you have no contact, please see http://www.intel.com/buy/wtb/wtb1023.htm under "Design Help".

If your location is not listed, please see an Intel Authorized Distributor and ask for a Field Application Engineer (FAE). Our Intel Authorized Distributor list is also linked from the URL above.

Regards,

Lexi S.

IntelSoftware NetworkSupport

http://www.intel.com/software

Contact us

Message Edited by intel.software.network.support on 12-07-2005 04:24 PM

0 Kudos