Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17060 Discussions

Intel@ Android USB driver support on Windows 8.1

Sandro_A_
Beginner

Hello,

Why i cannot install usb to my win 8.1? a message  "This OS is not supported: Windows"

This OS is not supported: Windows

My computer is DELL.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Alexander_W_Intel

Hi,

the driver was released for devices that are on the market since a while. So I'm not sure even if you get it installed it will really work with your device.

If you would like to try this drivers anyways, please try to run the installer in compatibility mode: Right click on the installer, select properties, go on the Compatibility tab and select "Run this program in compatibility mode for" Windows 7. This usually helps, but I haven't tried it for this particular installer. 

Thanks,
Alex

0 Kudos
Sandro_A_
Beginner

thanks! win 7 not work is only win xp sp3

0 Kudos
Alexander_W_Intel

Great that it worked now for you and thanks for reporting the solution!

Alex

0 Kudos
Made_W_
Beginner

I just installed this driver on Windows 8.1 64bit with compatibility mode for Windows 7.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Aszrul_Aszrie_M_
Beginner

Dear Intel,

Unfortunately, we are unable to download your latest version (1.9.0) of Intel USB driver for Android. (Access denied). Care for some clarification?

Thank you 

0 Kudos
Ernie_V_
Beginner

Same issue here. 'Access Denied'. I have signed-up and confirmed my email as well. Any solution, as in right away?

Second concern. Why do you require Captcha to send a post when we've already confirmed our email?

0 Kudos
Sergio_J__C_
Beginner

I have this problem too! With my ultrabook with win8.1, i  made a downgrade to win7 but with win 8.0 work fine, maybe with win 10.

0 Kudos