Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Intel DG45FC Fan control issue

tosmo
Beginner
Hi,

For starters, I'm apologizing for posting that topic here, for I have not found a better place to ask my question.

I have purchased a DG45FC mini ITX motherboard and set it up in a rather low power, low noise configuration ( 150W fanless power supply, Intel E7200 45nm CPU, 2 GB RAM, 320GB 2.5" HD ) and intended to use it as a router/firewall/HTPC.

My trouble is, soon after boot, the fans ( both CPU and chassis fan ) keep ramping up/down every other second, producing quite a lot of noise, and with no reason, since the temps reported in the bios are reasonnable ( 50ish CPU, 70ish IGP ... ).

Has that problem occured to anyone ? is there any fix ?

My searches have pointed me towards a Fan control problem, with inadequate/too agressive settings regarding damping & zone response. I tried playing with these settings with no luck.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Aaron_B_Intel
Employee

I have no special insight into this, but apparently according to some other users who are experiencing similar problems, emailing Intel Customer Support has resulted in an acknowledgement that the issue exists and a suggestion that work is underway to find a fix.

0 Kudos